Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  28
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RaceMe Ultra & Boosted Launches

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Noise coming from engine bay, or exhaust? The whisper I'm referring to is exhaust. And it would make sense for the exhaust to whisper even off mild spool in the morning if it was cool enuf out and the exhaust brake was on. But under the hood noise I've never notice. I have stock air box. You?

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Noise coming from engine bay, or exhaust? The whisper I'm referring to is exhaust. And it would make sense for the exhaust to whisper even off mild spool in the morning if it was cool enuf out and the exhaust brake was on. But under the hood noise I've never notice. I have stock air box. You?
    Yeah I have the stock air box to me it sounded like it was under the hood. Yeah my exhaust brake was on when this happened. When I wasn't touching the gas it sounded normal when I just eased on the throttle it sounded normal but when I would give it like 20-30% throttle it sounded like it was sucking in all kinds of air like both dams opened up in the air box.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beans20 View Post
    Yeah I have the stock air box to me it sounded like it was under the hood. Yeah my exhaust brake was on when this happened. When I wasn't touching the gas it sounded normal when I just eased on the throttle it sounded normal but when I would give it like 20-30% throttle it sounded like it was sucking in all kinds of air like both dams opened up in the air box.
    Without actually driving your truck I can't say 100% for certain, but it really sounds normal with the active air intake.

Its all sound that is magnified by the turbo compressor spinning up and moving air through the intake. 2 scenarios going on here. When you give 20-30% throttle, the turbo naturally spools up and sucks more air. Under the exhaust brake function, the VGT actually spools up too as the exhaust velocity increases through the turbine as the vains tighten up on the exhaust flow to create back pressure...hence you get the whistle sound while the exhaust brake is on. Both scenarios cause more air to get sucked into the intake.

Ray

www.doublerdiesel.com
    email: info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

4. Likes ligon55 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Ray can make a tire shredders tunes i know first hand with his custom mcc tuning

6. Thanks DRD, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Ray can make a tire shredders tunes i know first hand with his custom mcc tuning
    Tire shredders tunes aren't cheap to run. 😂

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

8. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes DRD liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS.COM View Post
    Tire shredders tunes aren't cheap to run. 😂

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!
    Folks like me are job security for the tire sales people. 👍

Ray

www.doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #17
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel LLC View Post
    Folks like me are job security for the tire sales people.

Ray

www.doublerdiesel.com
    Lmao, very true. But your also very capable in making a fun to drive, safe tune! I still maintain your a wizard with custom tuning.

Sent from a Well Head

12. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes DRD liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Without actually driving your truck I can't say 100% for certain, but it really sounds normal with the active air intake.

Its all sound that is magnified by the turbo compressor spinning up and moving air through the intake. 2 scenarios going on here. When you give 20-30% throttle, the turbo naturally spools up and sucks more air. Under the exhaust brake function, the VGT actually spools up too as the exhaust velocity increases through the turbine as the vains tighten up on the exhaust flow to create back pressure...hence you get the whistle sound while the exhaust brake is on. Both scenarios cause more air to get sucked into the intake.

Ray

www.doublerdiesel.com
    Yeah I understand. For now it's good. I want to see if it will do it again but I don't really want to tear my truck up.

14. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beans20 View Post
    Yeah I understand. For now it's good. I want to see if it will do it again but I don't really want to tear my truck up.
    Trust me I understand. Long time ago, I used to cringe when I heard something new. I can tell you, the Cummins engine is pretty much bullet proof with just mild tuning. I can tell you from experience that if its running on all 6 cylinders, not pouring white or blue smoke out the exhaust after she's warmed up, and not puking coolant out the radiator overflow tank...nothing to worry about. 😉

Ray

www.doublerdiesel.com

15. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Wink

Trust me I understand. Long time ago, I used to cringe when he heard something new. I can tell you, the Cummins engine is pretty much bullet proof with just mild tuning. I can tell you from experience that if its running on all 6 cylinders, not pouring white or blue smoke out the exhaust after she's warmed up, and not puking coolant out the radiator overflow tank...nothing to worry about. 

Ray

www.doublerdiesel.com
    Yeah I believe you. I just don't like funky noises but I guess that what I get for buying a diesel. I would imagine I'm gonna hear all kinds of crazy crap.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast