Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  78
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EGR Turned Off

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: EGR Turned Off

Quote Originally Posted by f18framer View Post
    not to hijack your thread, but just to check my understanding of this if you were to use a tuner to turn off the EGR and then unplugged the valve, that valve will stay shut and effectively disable the EGR without having to physicly remove parts correct. obviously doing the delete kit would be ideal but for the time being this will get me by correct?
    That's correct.

2. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

outstanding. if there is one thing that I want off my truck more than anything, that is it LOL.

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by f18framer View Post
    not to hijack your thread, but just to check my understanding of this if you were to use a tuner to turn off the EGR and then unplugged the valve, that valve will stay shut and effectively disable the EGR without having to physicly remove parts correct. obviously doing the delete kit would be ideal but for the time being this will get me by correct?
    so the unplugging of the EGR valve is now a confusing topic. in the past with DRD tuning they did want you to physically unplug the EGR with their tunes. I bought my DRD tuning 8 months ago and its instructed to not unplug the valve. this changed with his tuning sometime last summer I believe.
    So you keep everything stock no touchie.. just tune.

Options with drd tuning.
    Full delete, using block off plates to physically remove theegr cooler, removing complete or using adelete pipe to remove emission exhaust parts.
    Or keep egr cooler and engine looking completely stock andchoose removing complete or use delete pipe to remove emission exhaust parts.
    Or keep truck stock and tune with drd emission compliant tuning. (do not need to remove any hardparts)

I have the emission compliant tuning on my truck. I did that due to it being brand new. I’m at 11k miles now. I plan here soon to get a delete pipe To remove the exhaust/emissions gunk and then I will justneed to pay DRD for the “deleted” tuning and install. Do this without removing or touching the egr.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    so the unplugging of the EGR valve is now a confusing topic. in the past with DRD tuning they did want you to physically unplug the EGR with their tunes. I bought my DRD tuning 8 months ago and its instructed to not unplug the valve. this changed with his tuning sometime last summer I believe.
    So you keep everything stock no touchie.. just tune.

Options with drd tuning.
    Full delete, using block off plates to physically remove theegr cooler, removing complete or using adelete pipe to remove emission exhaust parts.
    Or keep egr cooler and engine looking completely stock andchoose removing complete or use delete pipe to remove emission exhaust parts.
    Or keep truck stock and tune with drd emission compliant tuning. (do not need to remove any hardparts)

I have the emission compliant tuning on my truck. I did that due to it being brand new. I’m at 11k miles now. I plan here soon to get a delete pipe To remove the exhaust/emissions gunk and then I will justneed to pay DRD for the “deleted” tuning and install. Do this without removing or touching the egr.
    I also had those thought that with the valve unplugged that I had a chance of working its way open and constantly dump dirty air into the engine.

I figured that if the tuner command the valve to the shut position then there would ever be a problem with it.

7. Top Of Page | #15

New to this forum and new Cummins owner as of last month! I love my new truck and I am looking to do whatever is possible to extend the life of it, such as EGR delete/removal. I want this to be the last truck I ever have to buy.

Since the truck is new, I am not in much of a rush to pull ALL of the emissions stuff off right away, just the ones which are most detrimental to the life of the truck. I'd like to keep it looking stock in case of any possible warranty work which may need to be done early in its life. (or at least easy to return to stock)

I am curious what would happen if you were to use a freeze plug and block the EGR at the bypass valve as some have done while you had the truck tuned with the DRD EGR-less tuning? Just as an extra layer of security that I am not letting soot and carbon go back into my new engine.

I unplugged my EGR while on the dealership lot with 19 miles on the truck. Check engine light came on but I know that is what is causing it, as I plugged it back in briefly and it went away. (only to get unplugged again) I plan on doing the freeze plug mod either way as cheap insurance.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Other than giving the coolant an easier flow path, getting rid of some unnecessary weight, is there any real reason to completely remove the egr system vs just turning it off? My tentative plan is to install tuner, delete DPF and DEF, and turn off EGR. Am impressed with what I have read about MM3. Am I on the right path to freedom?

10. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hop-A-Long View Post
    Other than giving the coolant an easier flow path, getting rid of some unnecessary weight, is there any real reason to completely remove the egr system vs just turning it off? My tentative plan is to install tuner, delete DPF and DEF, and turn off EGR. Am impressed with what I have read about MM3. Am I on the right path to freedom?
    Yes you’ll be perfectly fine to leave the egr intact with it turned off via tuning. 13+ trucks are optional as far as unplugging the throttle valve and 12/older trucks is required to unplug throttle valve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Thanks watersupply189, bbrady86 thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Thank you CDF for clearing that up - that might be the route I choose - when the time comes.

For sure - I will remove the DEF & Exhaust!
    DRD - for sure will get that call.

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

14. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SyN View Post
    Thank you CDF for clearing that up - that might be the route I choose - when the time comes.

For sure will remove the DEF & Exhaust!
    DRD - for sure will get that call.
    You’re welcome! I’m at 5k miles and my egr is still in place but I do have a new “kit” ready to go on when I feel the time is right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

15. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

I still would like to delete & remove it - like others have stated it definitely can't hurt - to remove some of the excess weight & clean the engine bay up!

Maybe even go so far as add a Banks or Pusher intake.
    (Lord have Mercy) better get some more miracle grow for that $$$ Tree in the back yard.

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

17. Thanks watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast