Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  37
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Tune for Delete

1. Top Of Page | #61

User Info Menu

Re: Tune for Delete

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Since the stealth unit doesn’t write to the ECM I would think you should just be able to simply remove it and not have to retune. At this point you should be able to verify your engine check lite is out and the MM3 doesn’t show any fault codes.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Perfect, thank you. Just to confirm, it's safe to drive it tonight while I still have the EGR intact(exhaust and tune are done)? I am going to work on that tomorrow...

2. Top Of Page | #62

User Info Menu

You have my blessing!

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

3. Top Of Page | #63

User Info Menu

You have my blessing!

Haha if your blessing means it won't mess anything up, then thanks for the blessing!

4. Top Of Page | #64

User Info Menu

If anyone else has any concerns please voice them now. @RamIt ?

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

5. Top Of Page | #65

User Info Menu

If it’s tuned and the exhaust has been swapped then you can drive it from here on out.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Thanks jgruberman thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #66

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    If it’s tuned and the exhaust has been swapped then you can drive it from here on out.

Yes, both of those statements are correct. I am going to do the EGR delete tomorrow morning when both the weather and my truck is a bit cooler. How much coolant will I need to replace in the system? I think that's the only thing I didn't take into account

8. Top Of Page | #67

User Info Menu

Egr delete ?s
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

9. Thanks jgruberman thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #68

User Info Menu

If anyone else has any concerns please voice them now. @RamIt ?

If the tunes are loaded with no CELs, the exhaust is done, and the engine is running fine. You're free to send it.

HOWEVER, keep your foot out of it's *** for a bit so the transmission can relearn. I strongly recommend you follow the RevMax learning procedure https://revmaxconverters.com/wp-cont...ons_revE-1.pdf
    Everyone else can say what they will, but this method of relearning the transmission is the only method approved for warranty by RevMax. And while you may not have a RevMax, this procedure works just fine on a standard 68 as well.

11. Thanks AK Bob thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #69

User Info Menu

Is it bad to drive with the engine Brake on after deleting?

I always did before because I read on one of these forums to do so and I got used to it.

I like the stopping power, but that high jet whistle makes me just want to ask to be sure that it's olay to drive with it.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

13. Top Of Page | #70

User Info Menu

Yes it does sound different after tuning and exhaust modifications but will not harm your engine. I use mine mostly when towing.

14. Thanks BlackBart thanked for this post
    Likes Hunter99 liked this post
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast