Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 68RFE Issue

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: 68RFE Issue

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    It’s been an issue since the RaceMe Ultra was the tuner of choice. I had an Ultra with Rays tunes. Horrible surging on the 60hp tune. Truck was majorly over fueling and it was maxing the rail out.

Never had an issue again once I went to the 120.
    @DRD can you speak to the surging issue on the lower hp tunes more in depth?
    I have no idea because we don't have a surging issue with our tunes at this time.

I know the RaceME Ultra had issues with turbo surging and rail pressure hangups in the past.

Can't speak for the latest box tuning.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

2. Thanks RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Thanks RamIt again for the support.

I hit Ray up and he mentioned it isn’t an issue with his tunes but I’ll circle back with him and remind him I have the Raceme Ultra.

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DRD View Post
    I have no idea because we don't have a surging issue with our tunes at this time.

I know the RaceME Ultra had issues with turbo surging and rail pressure hangups in the past.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel
    @DRD I think that's probably what it was then because it looks like the low hp tune surging is limited to the Ultra (https://www.google.com/search?q=race...hrome&ie=UTF-8) .

I also wanted to mention that your tunes were not the issue at all as everything else with the tunes I had from you worked flawlessly.
    There was something about that 60HP that the truck did not like and I believe it has something to do with the physical software of the Ultra itself.

Apologies if my initial post came across the wrong way.

EDIT: @DRD I clarified my last post to reflect the point I was trying to make since I totally dropped the ball on that.

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoCummins View Post
    Thanks RamIt again for the support.
    I hit Ray up and he mentioned it isn’t an issue with his tunes but I’ll circle back with him and remind him I have the Raceme Ultra.

See above! And not a problem!!

5. Thanks DRD, RhinoCummins thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, RhinoCummins liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DRD View Post

Ray,
    Double R Diesel
    Hey Ray, just so I’m clear there shouldn’t be any fuel rail surging or issues on your tunes with the Raceme Ultra tuner?

Thanks

7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Hey Ray, just so I’m clear there shouldn’t be any fuel rail surging or issues on your tunes with the Raceme Ultra tuner?

Thanks
    Correct.

Our Warp tuning will overwrite the RaceME box tuning once you program our tuning in.

The Ultra becomes just a delivery vessel for our tunes at that point.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

8. Thanks RamIt, RhinoCummins thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt, RhinoCummins, AK Bob liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    @DRD I think that's probably what it was then because it looks like the low hp tune surging is limited to the Ultra (https://www.google.com/search?q=race...hrome&ie=UTF-8) .

I also wanted to mention that your tunes were not the issue at all as everything else with the tunes I had from you worked flawlessly.
    There was something about that 60HP that the truck did not like and I believe it has something to do with the physical software of the Ultra itself.

Apologies if my initial post came across the wrong way.

EDIT: @DRD I clarified my last post to reflect the point I was trying to make since I totally dropped the ball on that.

See above! And not a problem!!
    @RamIt and @DRD really appreciate the support from both of you. Also Ray @DRD I love your tunes as well. Just trying to track this thing down. Have a great weekend!

10. Likes RamIt liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12