Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Raceme ultra trans settings

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Raceme ultra trans settings

Does anyone know what differences there are between stock and built trans setting?

I'm doing maintenance on my truck and transmission is getting done this weekend. While I have it apart I plan on installing the modified separator plate and the upgraded accumulator piston cover and was wondering if I just swap to the built tune to use the additional pressure if it would hurt anything else.

2019 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 CCSB 68RFE 3.73 Diamond Black Black Out Edition RBP Stealth Steps
    Sold-2012 Ram 2500 CCLB 4x4 68RFE 3.73 True Blue Pearl

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Raceme ultra trans settings

I've read a few times that an upgraded valve body is a good idea with increased line pressures. But I have just the plate and custom tuning for 250 psi... no problems. They say it only has to slip once to ruin the tranny. Someone with more knowledge will chime in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Yea that's why I am going to throw the plate in while I am there. I will end up with custom tunes one day and I don't want to have to drop the pan again just to up the pressure.

How time consuming was it to throw the plate in and button everything back together?

2019 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 CCSB 68RFE 3.73 Diamond Black Black Out Edition RBP Stealth Steps

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Wasn't bad at all, but I was fortunate to have use of a lift at my son's work. Prolly 1.5 hours being our first. Also put on a BD pan... with a freakin oil drain plug!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Yea I have been thinking about the drain plug thing. That's the worst thing about filter changes. Well don't sound to bad of a job then. Guess I'll find out this weekend.

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Hulk thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Well I got everything installed, was not to bad at all besides a whole lot of bolts to torque. So what's your thoughts on the trans setting @Double R Diesel

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Well after first test drive on stock trans setting it will demand 185 max but you can tell the valves body wants more cause it will spike around 195-200 and drop back down to 185.