Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  37
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2014 DRW - MIleage drop from New to 80K - 21-15 highway...Help

1. Top Of Page | #41

User Info Menu

Re: 2014 DRW - MIleage drop from New to 80K - 21-15 highway...Help

Quote Originally Posted by elcubano View Post
    Sorry bud. I'm definitely not blaming the tuner. It's the truck. It went sour before the tuner. I probably need to move this thread to a straight Cummins thread. My hope was that someone here deleted and went race me for the same reasons as me and figured out the issue after the fact. But I digress, I believe the tuner is Ok.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    As of right now I think your best bet is to sit tight until data logging is finished up. That way a tuner can go in and see what's happening. The over boost issue is what's throwing me off. I have to stay hard in the skinny pedal to hit 32

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

2. Thanks elcubano, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes elcubano, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #42

User Info Menu

Appreciate it. Can't get out of it just yet, dealer won't give me but 23k for it and still in it for 30 aftee 24 months. Mileage dropped off a starting at 20k continuing worsening. Y'all have given superb advise. I'll be servicing both axles and tcase next time I get the truck in the air.

4. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #43

User Info Menu

Yes sir night train. That's my only option. Would that diagnostic capability be coming from Ray or Franz when it does come to fruition?

6. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #44

User Info Menu

Yes sir night train. That's my only option. Would that diagnostic capability be coming from Ray or Franz when it does come to fruition?

I would think Franz would have that ability as well.

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

8. Thanks elcubano, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
    Likes elcubano, HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #45

User Info Menu

Has @Franz been back on the forums lately?

10. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #46

User Info Menu

Update. Current unloaded mpg is 12.5, loaded 5000lbs is down to 7-8, loaded to 2000 lbs 8-9

12. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #47

User Info Menu

Update. Current unloaded mpg is 12.5, loaded 5000lbs is down to 7-8, loaded to 2000 lbs 8-9

i just towed 2500lbs with my 2007 5.7 hemi and i got 11.5 mpg average on a 100 mile trip going over a mountain there and back. I would be pissed if i had your truck only getting 9mpgs

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #48

User Info Menu

The hemi is a pig on fuel, I've got an 09, and it still gets bette mileage loaded or unloaded than my diesel.

16. Top Of Page | #49

User Info Menu

In my everyday driving. Stop and go about every block or two plus idle time I'm down to 13. When I watch the monitor at cruzing speeds it's 20 or so. I never cruise long enough to get the avg up though. I did reset for trip to San Antonio couple weeks ago and on the way there 14.7 avg! Fighting a crazy head/side wind. On the way back I was back to about 18. Again this was empty. I really think you are probably about avg for fuel mileage for the way your truck is used.

17. Top Of Page | #50

User Info Menu

My issue is, first year I had tanks of fuel that were 500-600 miles a tank regularly. Now I can't break 400 unloaded highwau

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast