Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steering Box Stabilzer

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Steering Box Stabilzer

Quote Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
    What about it is looking rough? It's not common for a drag link to wear out that quick.

A drop pitman arm goes hand in hand with a track bar drop bracket to keep the angle of the two bars the same and prevent bump steer issues. With only a leveling kit a track bar drop bracket would likely give you issues with the front differential housing coming up and hitting it if the suspension was near full compression. So no, that's not the option I'd recommend.
    Wear it mounts to the pitman arm the boot is busted away from it. It has 62000 miles on it how long do they typically go. There is little travel in the steering wheel and it drives and stops straight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Also does the steering brace stabilizer work if you have say a 5 inch lift and a drop pitman arm? It looks like it would. Just wondering for future plans/ dreams

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha242LS View Post
    Wear it mounts to the pitman arm the boot is busted away from it. It has 62000 miles on it how long do they typically go. There is little travel in the steering wheel and it drives and stops straight.

Yeah probably time for a replacement then. No issue going with Moog if you want a stock replacement. If you want to upgrade your steering you can also look into a Thuren setup but it's obviously going to cost more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha242LS View Post
    Also does the steering brace stabilizer work if you have say a 5 inch lift and a drop pitman arm? It looks like it would. Just wondering for future plans/ dreams

Yes it will work with any setup. I run an HBS steering box brace with an 8" BDS kit and drop pitman arm with no issues.

4. Thanks TX NIGHT TRAIN thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Just ordered a rough country steering box brace, Moog tie rods and drag link kit, bilstein 5100s and bilstein steering dampener. I'm pretty excited to get it all on. I will post pictures when it all gets here.

6. Likes Power247, TX NIGHT TRAIN liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I run the Synergy on my truck, and we usually have them for a decent price with free shipping.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes TX NIGHT TRAIN, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12