Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steering Box Stabilzer

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Steering Box Stabilzer

Anyone had install the steering box stabilzer on the new Rams 14-16?? What's the best brand out there for the $$$

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Steering Box Stabilzer

From what I have read the HBS is one of the best for the money. I bought something off eBay kinda a middle price range and it did the trick. Easy install.

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thanks for the input!! TX NIGHT TRAIN!

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Steering box stabilzer is a topic like oil or filters. Everyone has a preference and company they prefer. There should be vendors on here that should chime in with a selection of products. But even though I have an '06, I bought the Sinister steering box stabilzer for two reasons, they are a reputable company and they had a sale going with free shipping. I belive they have a $10 off now. Most everyone I have seen were the same thickness and material. So unless your lucky finding something better, look for the deals from a company they will be there after the end of the year.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes TX NIGHT TRAIN, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Lots of them are very similar. The main thing to look for is that it's made up of an HSS (box) steel rather than just flat steel. As mentioned above, the Hell Bent Steel one is one of the best for the price IMO. I've been running it for over 2 years now with no issues at all.

10. Thanks Hulk thanked for this post
    Likes Power247 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I'm getting ready to install one of these and noticed my track bar tie rod is looking rough. I have a tgc level kit 2.5 and running stock shocks. Should I replace it with a adjustable track bar or am I spending a lot of extra money when not needed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I would definitely recommend replacing it with an adjustable bar if the bushings are worn out in the stock bar. I put a Thuren track bar in my 3500 after running the stock bar on a 9" lift for 70,000km. Made a world of difference in the front end feel of the truck both handling and suspension wise. You won't regret spending the money on one.

13. Likes TX NIGHT TRAIN liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
    I would definitely recommend replacing it with an adjustable bar if the bushings are worn out in the stock bar. I put a Thuren track bar in my 3500 after running the stock bar on a 9" lift for 70,000km. Made a world of difference in the front end feel of the truck both handling and suspension wise. You won't regret spending the money on one.
    Sorry I was kinda stupid in my question. What I meant was the drag link not so much the track bar. I saw a Moog set up with tie rods. The angle of the drag link is pretty steep. Could I run a drop pitman arm on it with just a leveling kit?

15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha242LS View Post
    Sorry I was kinda stupid in my question. What I meant was the drag link not so much the track bar. I saw a Moog set up with tie rods. The angle of the drag link is pretty steep. Could I run a drop pitman arm on it with just a leveling kit?

What about it is looking rough? It's not common for a drag link to wear out that quick.

A drop pitman arm goes hand in hand with a track bar drop bracket to keep the angle of the two bars the same and prevent bump steer issues. With only a leveling kit a track bar drop bracket would likely give you issues with the front differential housing coming up and hitting it if the suspension was near full compression. So no, that's not the option I'd recommend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast