Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Communications error since latest update

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Communications error since latest update

Hey guys having an issue ever since I downloaded the newest software for the raceme ultra last weekend. I have been getting a "Touchscreen Controller Communication timeout" at every start up. I have to disconnect and then reconnect the obd2 connector and then I'm good to go. Reflashed the truck and everything works fine except for this error message every startup. Help??

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Communications error since latest update

Mine seems to be doing this also and here is what I blame( I am a idiot throw) it's colder here and the heater icon has come on at start up, if truck is warm no problems, if it's cold I'm unplugging and plugging back in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Likes Champs 6.7 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Interesting, I will have to pay attention and see if that holds true on my truck as well. I wonder if there is something we can do because unplugging and plugging back in all the time is getting old and I don't like putting that much stress on the obd2 connector all the time

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

These are all things that should be brought to the attention of @Franz. He's not on here much so best to email him.
    office@raceme.eu

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Champs 6.7 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Ok will do Ratlin'HP. I will shoot an email over to him. Thanks!

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes RATLIN'HP, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I undated and set my setting in rt to 30 hp for tranny relearn and had it rt at every key on. If I got in a hurry on startup my display will lockup and just say wait. Asked Fran's and his responce was I must have a Sae pid in my display?? What does that mean

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Out on a little bit of limb her but I think it's a pid ran through can bus. And yes some of the sae pids have funky bugs. I was watching air intake temp over a year ago. My ultra wouldn't power down because of it. Franz had me switch to manifold air temp, and all was good.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

So I got a reply back from raceme, and said that I'm using a Sae *marked PID. Is there a list of these? I'm watching transmission line pressure, current gear position, torque converter slip, egt and fuel rail pressure.

13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Current gear I'm guessing is the one. Although my ultra displays the gear on my trans parameter screen so I'm not sure. I think there are a couple different options for gear pid, maybe try one of the others. As for a list I'm not aware of any. I think are they possibly marked "*" ?

14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Ok I just got to my truck. Change it to present gear, instead of current gear.

15. Likes Jess6.7 liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast