Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Race Me Ultra Problem Maybe

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Race Me Ultra Problem Maybe

Ok I have a 14 RAM 2500 with 68RFE I'm having issues with rail pressure on stock tune with deletes no issues but if I run with raised power on any setting when I lay into it the rp will spike as high as 29,900psi and the relief valve pop the rp setting is at stock and tried it on 1850 bar is this normal for it to spike like that or is their a software issue in the programmer or should I just shim the relief valve would like to run raised hp settings at least 60 but I'm worried about this pressure spike from what I understand peak should be around 27kpsi any help is much appreciated thanks in advance truck has full deletes and egr delete

2. Likes Hulk liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Race Me Ultra Problem Maybe

Feeling the pain also. I will be here looking for answers with ya brother.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernLuck View Post
    Ok I have a 14 RAM 2500 with 68RFE I'm having issues with rail pressure on stock tune with deletes no issues but if I run with raised power on any setting when I lay into it the rp will spike as high as 29,900psi and the relief valve pop the rp setting is at stock and tried it on 1850 bar is this normal for it to spike like that or is their a software issue in the programmer or should I just shim the relief valve would like to run raised hp settings at least 60 but I'm worried about this pressure spike from what I understand peak should be around 27kpsi any help is much appreciated thanks in advance truck has full deletes and egr delete
    Yes the RaceMe box tunes tend to do that. The only thing to really do to rid that problem is get with Ray @Double R Diesel and get his custom tunes. I know that's not what you want to here but that will be the best suggestion I could give. There are lots of people that's happening to.

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I had a feeling that would happen i sent a email over to double r to get some information on his tunes and what not. for now I will leave it on the 30hp tune till I can get one of his tunes, just didn't think shimming the pop off was a good way to go I deal with way to many failed injectors do to run away rigs downhill thankyou for the answer kinda calms my head a little bit

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I had a feeling that would happen i sent a email over to double r to get some information on his tunes and what not. for now I will leave it on the 30hp tune till I can get one of his tunes, just didn't think shimming the pop off was a good way to go I deal with way to many failed injectors do to run away rigs downhill thankyou for the answer kinda calms my head a little bit
    I personally don't recommend shimming the pop off valve. You would still be ok to run the 150hp tune with 29* timing, default rail and mild spool. Just don't hammer down I ran that setting and all was well I just kept off the skinny pedal, I also believe someone already shimmed my relief valve because I did see my rail spike to just shy of 30k and nothing happened.

7. Likes theaaronbush liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

It must be shimmer mine popped off as low as 28500 once and that was on the 60hp tune muchless the 150 I'm going to try and get the tunes from Ray sooner then later and hopefully I won't need to shim the valve

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

@SouthernLuck you'll get some nice discounts if you're a lifetime platinum member here.

↪Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!↩

"The grass is greener where you water it"

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    @SouthernLuck you'll get some nice discounts if you're a lifetime platinum member here.

↪Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!↩
    I will consider it as soon as I get quotes on the tuning itself and go from their I wouldn't mind supporting the community if the pocket allows it

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I will consider it as soon as I get quotes on the tuning itself and go from their I wouldn't mind supporting the community if the pocket allows it
    Refer to this link for price info. https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...-Tuning/page56

@IGOTACUMMINS, let me know if I can't post that specific infor here for him. I don't want to step out of line. I mean the sincerely also.

13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beans20 View Post
    Refer to this link for price info. https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...-Tuning/page56

@IGOTACUMMINS, let me know if I can't post that specific infor here for him. I don't want to step out of line. I mean the sincerely also.
    The thread you posted won't work for him as it's in the premium members forum. Send him a pm.

Thanks pal.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

14. Thanks beans20 thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast