Thanks Thanks:  1,458
Likes Likes:  2,874
Page 21 of 253 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: RaceME Ultra Update and Upcoming RaceME Custom Tuning

1. Top Of Page | #201

User Info Menu

So I did the update. I noticed they took the 90hp setting out, but added a 200hp setting. Also when I started my truck this morning after a little the idle went up to 1k rpm. I tapped the gas pedal and it went back down to around 700 rpm. Is it supposed to do that now?

2. Top Of Page | #202

User Info Menu

Any truck, even stock will automatically high idle if temps are cooler. Not sure what exactly the the truck recognizes other than temps to make it do this, so was it your first cooler morning of the year?

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

3. Top Of Page | #203

User Info Menu

3:42. I think 4:56 is a lot of gear for 35s, and 4:11 would be better in my opinion, for my needs. Depends on what your doing with your truck.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

4. Top Of Page | #204

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    3:42. I think 4:56 is a lot of gear for 35s, and 4:11 would be better in my opinion, for my needs. Depends on what your doing with your truck.
    Meant to quote @imkindofabigdeal with this post

5. Top Of Page | #205

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Any truck, even stock will automatically high idle if temps are cooler. Not sure what exactly the the truck recognizes other than temps to make it do this, so was it your first cooler morning of the year?
    The first 3 or 4 minutes it was normal then it went to high idle I tapped the pedal it went back down, then a couple minutes later it high idled again. This is my first diesel so I'm not very familiar with anything really that happens.

6. Top Of Page | #206

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beans20 View Post
    The first 3 or 4 minutes it was normal then it went to high idle I tapped the pedal it went back down, then a couple minutes later it high idled again. This is my first diesel so I'm not very familiar with anything really that happens.
    That's normal for a cool weather start. The PCM won't let immediately let it jump to high idle so the oil can start to circulate. After 3-4 mins, it will go to high idle to help it warm up quicker. Once you either hit the throttle or brake pedal, the idle will go back to normal. Also, once the engine warms enough, the high idle will go away as well.

On my 2012, you can activate the high idle manually by turning the cruise control on and hitting the set button. This works at any temp.

Ray

www.doublerdiesel.com
    email: info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

7. Thanks beans20 thanked for this post
    Likes RATLIN'HP, beans20 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #207

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beans20 View Post
    Sounds normal for a cool morning. When it gets real cold it will go to high idle almost immediately. And at -10 you will think it's gonna self destruct LOL. Never hurt any of mine yet.

9. Thanks beans20 thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, beans20 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #208

User Info Menu

Ray I can do that on mine as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes DRD liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #209

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel LLC View Post
    That's normal for a cool weather start. The PCM won't let immediately let it jump to high idle so the oil can start to circulate. After 3-4 mins, it will go to high idle to help it warm up quicker. Once you either hit the throttle or brake pedal, the idle will go back to normal. Also, once the engine warms enough, the high idle will go away as well.

On my 2012, you can activate the high idle manually by turning the cruise control on and hitting the set button. This works at any temp.

Ray

www.doublerdiesel.com
    email: info@doublerdiesel.com
    LOL you just contradicted me saying it will go to high idle immediately when it gets real cold. I'm not sure on my 2015, but my 08, and my 12 did on real cold starts without being plugged in. Sounds aweful! But must be what it likes LOL

13. Likes DRD liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #210

User Info Menu

Thanks gents. Idk what I'm doing with these things yet.

15. Likes RATLIN'HP liked this post
Page 21 of 253 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast