Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  63
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help me fall in love again, or time to move on?

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Help me fall in love again, or time to move on?

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    If you still have your '12 hardwiring is the only option I think. But it's super simple... All the wires needing to be tapped are located in the fuse box under the hood.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310
    I do still have it! This is one of those things I’ve been looking at for a few months just having a hard time pulling the trigger. I have most of the drive train in pretty good shape! Looking to do a little cosmetics, even thought about doing a Laramie interior swap. But again! It’s all about that dog gone dollar. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 RAM 2500, MM3/DRD, 625 ARP Studs, RevMax VB

2. Likes Power247, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxonsram View Post
    When you say hard wired in! Where did they wire them into.

They have an obdII pass through that will power the steps to deploy or they have 4 power wires (one for each door “hardwired”). The OBDII does not play well with the MM3 units so I have them “hardwired” to prevent any issues. On my 13 they use a barrel tap connector under the dash to the door wires on the BCM. The kit cane color coded to match the harness which is a nice touch for easier install!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Thanks Jaxonsram thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

I was in the same boat in 2017. I had a 2004 Silverado SS with a built engine. I was happy to go fast, but when my cousins and friends with diesels would leave my SS behind while towing, i figured i needed a more tow capable truck. I'd driven stickshift a long time before getting my SS so i thought, i might as well get a G56 truck next. I gave up speed, heated leather seats, and all my upgraded stereo stuff for a truck to start all over with LOL. I lucked out at the time cause there were only two G56 trucks in the state when I was shopping. As basic as my tradesman is, I always look forward to driving it! Only thing that will make it funner to drive is an exhaust and tune!

6. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    I was in love with my truck the first time I saw it and that was months before I bought it. A few mods that I have done to keep the flame lit was upgrading the radio and speakers,. Adding auxiliary lighting and most recently I added 20s and 35s last winter and I am in love yet again. So much so now that I can't even imagine owning a different truck right now.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...cade3e9a4f.jpg

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310
    I'll see you with my 04

DSC02197.jpg

Wow. My 62 Newport is in the background.

62 Right.jpg

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, Power247 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Czimmerman275 View Post
    If your truck Isn’t deleted and tuned I would start there with mm3 and DRD tunes the driveability is night and day from a stock truck some carli or Thuren suspension are awesome suspension even for leveling and will make the truck feel like a half ton I have pure performance and the ride is spectacular but slightly stiffer than carli and Thuren so still maintains some of it payload and ability to tow it will feel like a brand new truck without having to start over I think anyone who goes from a diesel to smaller half ton will definitely miss there diesel truck just my opinion

Agreed...I went back to a 2017 Laramie 1500 with a 5.7 hemi...its a nice truck but not a diesel..its now my wife's truck and I have a 2018 2500 Bighorn CTD!! There is nothing better than the raw power of a cummins!!! Not to mention I just tuned it (DRD) along with a 5" MBRP exhaust and S&B CAI...its like a whole new truck again!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

10. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

The tuneability of these trucks to make it an entire new driving experience and once you get bored with that you can do an2nd gen swap or upgrade your turbo or get new gears then it’s like a brand new toy again!

11. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Tune it, lift it, and put some big tires on it. It will be badass. Oh and the AMP steps are awesome.

I love my truck, Smile every time I climb up into it.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

12. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
    Tune it, lift it, and put some big tires on it. It will be badass. Oh and the AMP steps are awesome.

I love my truck, Smile every time I climb up into it.
    I need to get some amp research steps of my truck!!

13. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123