Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice on lift kit removal

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Advice on lift kit removal

So I purchased a used truck that was already lifted and would like to return it to stock height. Will it be more expensive to track down oem parts or to find aftermarket suspension that is stock height? I have zero complaints about the ride of the lift etc, the lift is just impractical with my work. I know that I could sell the kit and do a swap with someone who buys it but then there is the logistic nightmare of finding time for two trucks to be out of commission for a day. Any advice is appreciated.

Lift is a 4.5 zone radius lift that was upgraded with bds steering damper and fox 2.0 shocks. ('17 Ram 3500 Megacab SRW)

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Advice on lift kit removal

Sounds like a pretty nice lift. You’ll need to do your homework to find out what exactly was changed during the lift and then buy new or used stock parts. Best bet might be to contact a shop that specializes in lifting trucks. They should have all the stock take off parts laying around and might be willing to put your truck back to stock in exchange for the aftermarket stuff.

2016 3500 Laramie Mega DRW Aisin 3.73

3. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

If you're going to buy parts, I would go with Thuren springs and source out the rest of the parts. That way you'll have a much better ride. Contact @Dude'sDieselPerformance

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

5. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke Show View Post
    So I purchased a used truck that was already lifted and would like to return it to stock height. Will it be more expensive to track down oem parts or to find aftermarket suspension that is stock height? I have zero complaints about the ride of the lift etc, the lift is just impractical with my work. I know that I could sell the kit and do a swap with someone who buys it but then there is the logistic nightmare of finding time for two trucks to be out of commission for a day. Any advice is appreciated.

Lift is a 4.5 zone radius lift that was upgraded with bds steering damper and fox 2.0 shocks. ('17 Ram 3500 Megacab SRW)
    I would be interested in swapping my factory suspension for a zone lift. kicker is were 4.5 hours apart LOL.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke Show View Post

Dang nvm. Yours is a 1 ton. That ain't gonna work LOL.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

well this doesn't sound fun. I helped a friend with this same lift last year. so let me remember some. check to see if there was a T-case indexing ring added for the front shaft. oem rear I cant remember the original block size. but I think the kit added a 3 or 4 inch block for the rear. the oem bracket for the radius arm is not used the kit comes with a new one. factory bump stops are removed. oh and the factory tracbar bracket or where the bracket mounts had to be drilled out bigger. cant remember the size so that will be something to address. maybe its just the bracket and you will need a new oem bracket. the draglink had a end that was shaved down if I remember. I don't remember if he had to do shaving on the front shaft double cardan joint for clearance or if it was a spot on the shaft that needed shaved. I think I can find the install instructions for you. yes I found them and will attach hope it attaches and opens to read. if not I found it on the left hand side of zone website when I pulled up the 4.5 radius lift.

Attached Files Attached Files
    2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

9. Thanks TH-64 thanked for this post
    Likes TH-64 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    well this doesn't sound fun. I helped a friend with this same lift last year. so let me remember some. check to see if there was a T-case indexing ring added for the front shaft. oem rear I cant remember the original block size. but I think the kit added a 3 or 4 inch block for the rear. the oem bracket for the radius arm is not used the kit comes with a new one. factory bump stops are removed. oh and the factory tracbar bracket or where the bracket mounts had to be drilled out bigger. cant remember the size so that will be something to address. maybe its just the bracket and you will need a new oem bracket. the draglink had a end that was shaved down if I remember. I don't remember if he had to do shaving on the front shaft double cardan joint for clearance or if it was a spot on the shaft that needed shaved. I think I can find the install instructions for you. yes I found them and will attach hope it attaches and opens to read. if not I found it on the left hand side of zone website when I pulled up the 4.5 radius lift.
    After all that work I would just leave it alone it’s gonna be one hell of a mess good luck

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    If you're going to buy parts, I would go with Thuren springs and source out the rest of the parts. That way you'll have a much better ride. Contact @Dude'sDieselPerformance

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    I would be interested in swapping my factory suspension for a zone lift. kicker is were 4.5 hours apart LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    After all that work I would just leave it alone it’s gonna be one hell of a mess good luck
    I was thinking you could work out a swap deal with someone. Whoever has the most and best tools, go there, bring a case, and swap them side by side. You help each other.

There's a diff between the 25 and 3500 suspension? You guys with your 4th gens. . . LOL

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    I was thinking you could work out a swap deal with someone. Whoever has the most and best tools, go there, bring a case, and swap them side by side. You help each other.

There's a diff between the 25 and 3500 suspension? You guys with your 4th gens. . . LOL
    Yup they do. I believe it's from 2013 and up the 2500s have coils in the rear where the 3500s still have good ol leaf springs.

13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    Yup they do. I believe it's from 2013 and up the 2500s have coils in the rear where the 3500s still have good ol leaf springs.
    Those trucks could look pretty dumb if you just did the fronts. . .

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast