Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: MM3 Problems

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

MM3 Problems

2014 3500 Megacab DRW Cummins. I just installed a MM3 with Calibrated Power tunes on Friday and now I have problems. I have no rear turn signals, no bright lights, auto bright light dim does not activate, and the horn does not honk when you lock and unlock. I had no problems until I installed. I contacted Calibrated on Friday and was told by Chris that there is no way that this was caused by his tune and it was just a coincidence that it happened at the same time. Basically sorry about your bad luck, bye. I am not here to bash them but I need help. I do not want to take it to the dealer. Please help. If I have to pay someone to help it is better than voiding my warranty because of some stupid mistake I made. Thank you in advance.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 Problems

Can you install the stock tunes back? This would tell you for sure if it is the tunes.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

3. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I installed the stock tune back and it is the same thing. I understand it probably is not the tune itself but could it be that the truck did not like some setting with the tuner and now something is “stuck”. Whatever it is it started the moment I installed the tuner.

5. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I would try disconnecting the batteries for bit. If it works, make sure the truck is warmed up and connect a battery charger while tuning it.
    I'm doubtful this will do it, but its worth a shot.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

7. Likes walla2k5, BrentM liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    I would try disconnecting the batteries for bit. If it works, make sure the truck is warmed up and connect a battery charger while tuning it.
    I'm doubtful this will do it, but its worth a shot.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    That is a great idea, if you are still running the stock batteries they could be low on voltage and that causes all kids of weird things in modern computer controlled vehicles. Disconnecting the batteries for about 20 min will reset the ECM and BCM kind of like restarting your computer.

Good luck.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

9. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Good luck. I had several issues trying to run their tunes. They were very helpful and it took 3 months or so to get things right with them sending me revised tunes several times. I didn't have this particular problem, but, one of the major problems I had was the red lightning bolt on in the display and CEL. I had to return to stock, take to dealer and have them reflash ($100.00) mine to get things corrected then reinstall their tune. I'll just leave it at I now have DRD tuning and extremely happy.

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, TexNeck, BrentM liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Agree with the battery voltage statement. One other maybe obvious thing is have you checked your fuses? Sounds like these symptoms may share the same fuse or 2 which if blown would be your problem. keep us posted!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

13. Likes BrentM liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Does the truck go back to normal when you unplug the mm3 from the dlc?

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Agree with the above stated. Batteries are the number one thing that makes these trucks go crazy!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

16. Likes BrentM liked this post