Thanks Thanks:  26
Likes Likes:  96
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Too soon to delete?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Too soon to delete?

So I haven't even put fuel in the tank yet and I'm looking to mod. I own my truck outright and I'm fully aware of how the warranty system works. So I'm faced with the budgetary decision of either doing a Carli leveling kit or the complete delete from Double R.

Should I wait a few thousand miles or until I do the first oil change? My local guy can probably knock out the whole install in a day. Planning on the full EGR/DPF delete with 5" flo pro & a muffler.

I wouldn't want to put added stress on the engine/trans early during a possible break in period.
    Thanks
    -Chris

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Too soon to delete?

Quote Originally Posted by ckage83 View Post
    So I haven't even put fuel in the tank yet and I'm looking to mod. I own my truck outright and I'm fully aware of how the warranty system works. So I'm faced with the budgetary decision of either doing a Carli leveling kit or the complete delete from Double R.

Should I wait a few thousand miles or until I do the first oil change? My local guy can probably knock out the whole install in a day. Planning on the full EGR/DPF delete with 5" flo pro & a muffler.

I wouldn't want to put added stress on the engine/trans early during a possible break in period.
    Thanks
    -Chris
    Delete would be the first thing I do while you hardly have any miles on it. The longer you wait the more your engine will eat that soot going back into it from the EGR.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I deleted my truck 2 weeks after it's first oil change. Was a nerve wracking at first but no regrets over 5 years later.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Thanks ckage83, cumminsdieselfreak thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I had 1200 miles on my 2018 4500 when I did the full delete with a 5” exhaust from Double R. Never had any trouble or regrets at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Thanks ckage83 thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Yeah, my thought was to get at it early to keep the engine clean and reliable. This is legitimately the last truck I'll own for a long long time (been wanting one for 10 years) and I'm meticulous with maintenance details. I'm gonna just send it!

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Yup go for it. I waited till I had a little over 36,000 on mine, only regret I had was I wish I had done it sooner.

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ckage83 View Post

Thanks
    -Chris

I would say get both! With those two companies you will not want to own another truck for years to come! LOL

Let me know if you are not working with anyone. I am a dealer for both and would love to help ya out!

Clayton

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I did mine right away and along with everyone else who replied, no regrets. I had about 3,600 miles when I installed my MM3 and delete kit from @Double R Diesel, and 4,700 when I installed my BDS 8" lift from @Dude's Diesel Performance. I recommend doing it as soon as possible, you won't regret it. Support the vendors who support the site, they are great to work with.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
    I did mine right away and along with everyone else who replied, no regrets. I had about 3,600 miles when I installed my MM3 and delete kit from @Double R Diesel, and 4,700 when I installed my BDS 8" lift from @Dude's Diesel Performance. I recommend doing it as soon as possible, you won't regret it. Support the vendors who support the site, they are great to work with.
    Thank you so much for the kind words Mr. Brent! Very much appreciated my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

If you’re gonna do it, just do it..... I deleted my 2017 with 500 miles on it and the intake was already all sooty from the EGR...... Can’t believe the EPA thinks that’s better for the environment. Maybe directly it puts off less emissions but indirectly, it ended up polluting more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Laramie Schlonghorn 2500, 4" coil spring, tubular radius arm Superlift, Sota REPR 20x10 -19 offset wheels, 35x13.50 Toyo Open Country R/T tires.. RaceME MM3 tuning by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro TBE no muffler, HPP EGR delete, GDP Mega-Flo Billet Throttle Valve Delete Airaid dry filter w/smooth inlet tube
    1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440ci R3 Siamese bore small block (700hp) Faceplated TKO 600 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4.56 gears
    1979 Lil Red Express (Currently doing a 12 valve Cummins swap)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast