Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  36
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T51 water pump recall NEED HELP!

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

T51 water pump recall NEED HELP!

Having trouble getting my water pump replaced. I have a 2017 ram 2500. I got a flyer in the mail a couple of months ago stating that my water pump had been recalled(of course I already knew that). I called the dealership and the service advisor entered my vin into the computer and nothing came up. Because no recalls come up, the dealership says they're hands are tied. Nothing they can do and gave me this number 1800-992-1997

The recall covers build dates from 10-24-12 thru 2-27-2017. The build date on my truck is 2-27-2017@6:00pm.

I've heard the main way to tell if you need a new pump is to see if there is a weep hole drilled on the front, behind the pulley. OF COURSE MINE HAS NO HOLE! I've never seen a water pump without a weep hole.

So to conclude. I've called the recall center number. They gave me the run around "well because your vin isn't listed there's nothing we can do from here" BS. And "you still have the bumper to bumper warranty so its covered if it fails".

I mainly use my truck to haul cattle and equipment. I'm not the type of person to wait til something breaks to fix it. SO WHAT DO I DO NOW? The last thing I need is for this thing to burn to ground with a load of cows hooked to it...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: T51 water pump recall NEED HELP!

Unfortunately I don't see you getting much further with FCA on this. My truck also fell just outside the recall window but on the other side. At 55k the wp started going out. I noticed it on Sunday and the dealership had it replaced on Monday.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Sorry your having those issues. Seems that your vin would show up being it was on the last day of the recall notice?
    I had my WP replaced with the recall. It also didn’t have the weep hole in it.
    Unfortunately I doubt FCA is gonna do anything to help you on this. You may just have to replace it yourself and if FCA decides that your truck is on the recall then give them the receipts for the work that was performed so you can get reimbursed.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

6. Thanks TITAN thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

UPDATE
    Went to the dealer today. The tech said it is 100% a bad recalled water pump. But the dealer cant touch it without authorization from FCA. I Call FCA they said "there's nothing we can do because the vin isn't listed on the recall list" I responded by saying "so my pickup fits and falls within all the parameters except for the vin number and you still wont fix it"... them "No sir I'm sorry but you have to wait til it fails" ME "Can you put that in writing and send it to me in an email, that way when and if it catches fire you'll be working for me"
    ...No response.

Now I'm waiting for a supervisor to call me back. ALLL THIS OVER A $48 PART.. SMH

8. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN View Post
    UPDATE
    Went to the dealer today. The tech said it is 100% a bad recalled water pump. But the dealer cant touch it without authorization from FCA. I Call FCA they said "there's nothing we can do because the vin isn't listed on the recall list" I responded by saying "so my pickup fits and falls within all the parameters except for the vin number and you still wont fix it"... them "No sir I'm sorry but you have to wait til it fails" ME "Can you put that in writing and send it to me in an email, that way when and if it catches fire you'll be working for me"
    ...No response.

Now I'm waiting for a supervisor to call me back. ALLL THIS OVER A $48 PART.. SMH

Well that really sucks. Mine was covered under the recall, but the local dealers at the time didn't have the replacement. I bought a Gates pump from Geno's and installed it myself, then sent the receipt to FCA and they reimbursed me. Kind of looks like you may be on your own with this one. It's not that big of a job, I think I had it done in about an hour.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

10. Thanks TITAN, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I have a replacement in my garage. Planning to do it at some point. I got the recall notice and figured it would take me longer to take the truck to the dealer wait for the fix and go back to whatever I was doing, plus I would have to do it during the week when I don't have time. This way I change it on the weekend at home with a beer in my hand. You probably could have changed it in all the time you have spent on the phone... Just my $0.02. Good luck.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

12. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
    I have a replacement in my garage. Planning to do it at some point. I got the recall notice and figured it would take me longer to take the truck to the dealer wait for the fix and go back to whatever I was doing, plus I would have to do it during the week when I don't have time. This way I change it on the weekend at home with a beer in my hand. You probably could have changed it in all the time you have spent on the phone... Just my $0.02. Good luck.
    You're right. But now it's just the principal of if...

13. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

You're right. But now it's just the principal of if...

True, so very true.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

15. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

UPDATE
    ...No response.

You are fighting with them over a $48 part, I am fighting with them over a tailgate, as mine has started randomly opening, and got pinched in the trailer one day. They don't want to replace it, obviously it was closed when I hooked the trailer, and pulled out of my driveway.... 3 miles later I heard the familiar crunching of metal in a turn. It still closes but its got a kink in it. Also noted, if you remove tailgate and do not put the chrysler plug into where the camera goes, your speed and acceleration are limited...... As soon as I reinstalled the tailgate I could go above 50 again.... Go figure....

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Badger2078 thanked for this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Got a hold of RAM customer car yesterday. The associate took my case up the ladder as far as she said she could go and still no luck. I did get an from email from here with all of the details about my case. I guess I'll just drive it tell it breaks now. If anything get damaged when if finally does, I guess they can fix that to...F*** IT!

19. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast