Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rail Pressure: Issues W/ Tune Or Truck Itself?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hugedogleg View Post
    Since updating to .26 and trans tuning on the RaceMe Ultra I have noticed that in stop and go situations if I throttle hard (above 22k rail pressure) that once I let off the pedal the rail pressure sticks at 21-22k and the engine begins to clatter. After idling for a few seconds or pressing the throttle again it will subside and rail pressure will drop back to 4-5k. I was also able to recreate going down the highway at about 35MPH. Punched it, rail pressure rose to about 26.5k, let off pedal and then dropped to 22k and stayed there until I touched the throttle again. I first thought it had to do with the retarded timing, but not so sure anymore. Anyone else having these issues or does this sound like a engine, injector, fuel pump etc issue and is just a coincidence that it started after about 300 miles on update? Thanks ahead of time@double r diesel llc@ratlin'hp@franz@txnighttrain
    I am having this same issue along with the over pressure issue, talked some about it in another thread and on cummins forum. Have not found a fix yet.

2. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 26coal View Post
    I am having this same issue along with the over pressure issue, talked some about it in another thread and on cummins forum. Have not found a fix yet.

I have the exact same issue as well on my 2013.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I've been watching the thread and haven't noticed @Franz or @Double R Diesel llc chime in on a fix. I'm guessing with the holidays it hasn't been looked into, but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I did notice recently that if I on the fly tune to the 150 with defaults it no longer does it. So... I'm guessing it's something in the tune that is happening on the '13 only maybe? Seems we are the ones with the issues anyway. Maybe someone will come up with a fix or at least let us know that it's not a problem... I'm beginning to worry that it's going to hurt my truck. @Surfman423 @26coal

6. Thanks Surfman423, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I've been watching the thread and haven't noticed @Franz or @Double R Diesel llc chime in on a fix. I'm guessing with the holidays it hasn't been looked into, but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I did notice recently that if I on the fly tune to the 150 with defaults it no longer does it. So... I'm guessing it's something in the tune that is happening on the '13 only maybe? Seems we are the ones with the issues anyway. Maybe someone will come up with a fix or at least let us know that it's not a problem... I'm beginning to worry that it's going to hurt my truck. @Surfman423 @26coal
    I'll try your solution and see if it yields the same on my 2013 @hugedogleg ......... Merry Christmas!!!

8. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I don't have any trucks local to me experiencing this issue, so I can't really say for sure what the cause is. I think this is indeed a tune file related issue...but that is something that is beyond what I can control. Its gonna be up to RaceME to fix this...which I'm sure they will ASAP. Although I know this issue is alarming and aggravating, I don't think this issue is going to cause engine damage at all.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Re: Rail Pressure: Issues W/ Tune Or Truck Itself?

I know this post is really old but did you ever find the root cause of your problem? I have a 16 and it sometimes does the exact same thing. I searched the forum and it seems your description matches exactly as mine acts also. Hopefully you have some insight. Thanks! @hugedogleg @Double R Diesel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12