Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  29
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a little advice.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Looking for a little advice.

Hey guys, I have a 2011 RAM 3500 Laramie with 72,889, that I recently ran into a skidder rut while in my hay fields checking on timber being cut on my property. It caused my intercooler to leak and a few other things (see pics). So I am going to be turning wrenches fixing the problems and feel like now is the time to go ahead and do my deletes and performance upgrades. My question is if I am replacing intake horn and intercooler do I still need the entire egr kit? I feel like there will be a bunch of useless parts in the kit. I also like the idea of coolant reroute kits but have read a lot of info and some say its waste of money and others say it is completely necessary. After finishing all the bolt ons upgrades I want to run DRD tunes, seems to be the hottest thing going! At the same time the EFI Live and EZ Lynk is very interesting to me! Also posting a list of parts looking for reviews or advice or people telling me I am wasting money on stuff or not. Thanks in advance! Hear great things about Clayton at Dude's Diesel Performance for killer customer service and price so planning on buying part there, love to hear good and bad stories if anyone has some.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Looking for a little advice.

Sorry about double posting picture couldn't figure out how to delete them....

4. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Man sucks that you hit a rut! Definitely a wise choice and go with the deletes and upgrades

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

6. Likes david3gen, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Hey bud, sorry to hear about your truck. As far as those upgrades, I'm not sure I'd spend the money for a cold air unless you just like it or planning on pushing over 600 hp. The factory air filter is pretty efficient and is good for simple deletes and tunes. I'd spend that money on a new bumper instead. As far as tuning goes I have 2 2500s ('16 and '17) both tuned by DRD. Have absolutely no complaints. I havent deleted the grid heater or egr. The egr is deactivated with tuning so the choice is yours if you want to remove it. Just the basic delete and tune will definitely put a smile on your face. I kinda follow the K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid) theory. So unless your planning on pushing big numbers just do the basics.

Also, give Clayton a pm or call. He can definitely help you out with suggestions and all the parts you'll need.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

2016 Ram 2500, Deleted & Tuned by DRD, 5 in Flo-Pro exhaust, REVMAX ZeroFlex Valve Body, Thuren 2.5 Fox suspension.

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, david3gen, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stevent85 View Post
    Hey bud, sorry to hear about your truck. As far as those upgrades, I'm not sure I'd spend the money for a cold air unless you just like it or planning on pushing over 600 hp. The factory air filter is pretty efficient and is good for simple deletes and tunes. I'd spend that money on a new bumper instead. As far as tuning goes I have 2 2500s ('16 and '17) both tuned by DRD. Have absolutely no complaints. I havent deleted the grid heater or egr. The egr is deactivated with tuning so the choice is yours if you want to remove it. Just the basic delete and tune will definitely put a smile on your face. I kinda follow the K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid) theory. So unless your planning on pushing big numbers just do the basics.

Also, give Clayton a pm or call. He can definitely help you out with suggestions and all the parts you'll need.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
    Agreed, contact @Dude's Diesel Performance, he won't steer you wrong.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

10. Likes watersupply189, david3gen liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Thanks for the replies, going to get in touch with Clayton today. Anyone interested in what I do going forward with my truck? I post updates if so.

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

14. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

@Stevent85 @walla2k5 Thanks guys for the mention! Your the best!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

16. Likes watersupply189, david3gen, walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by b00tleg82 View Post
    Hey guys, I have a 2011 RAM 3500 Laramie with 72,889, that I recently ran into a skidder rut while in my hay fields checking on timber being cut on my property. It caused my intercooler to leak and a few other things (see pics). So I am going to be turning wrenches fixing the problems and feel like now is the time to go ahead and do my deletes and performance upgrades. My question is if I am replacing intake horn and intercooler do I still need the entire egr kit? I feel like there will be a bunch of useless parts in the kit. I also like the idea of coolant reroute kits but have read a lot of info and some say its waste of money and others say it is completely necessary. After finishing all the bolt ons upgrades I want to run DRD tunes, seems to be the hottest thing going! At the same time the EFI Live and EZ Lynk is very interesting to me! Also posting a list of parts looking for reviews or advice or people telling me I am wasting money on stuff or not. Thanks in advance! Hear great things about Clayton at Dude's Diesel Performance for killer customer service and price so planning on buying part there, love to hear good and bad stories if anyone has some.
    The best and only tuner for the Cummins is the MM3 custom tuned from Ray at DRD he is and it is the best tuning hands down end of story
    Clayton from DDP is a great guy to do buisness with

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

18. Likes watersupply189, david3gen, walla2k5 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

Quote Originally Posted by b00tleg82 View Post
    Thanks for the replies, going to get in touch with Clayton today. Anyone interested in what I do going forward with my truck? I post updates if so.

Welcome! and YES, keep us updated and post pics!

2019 Ram 2500. 8” FTS Lift. 38x15.50 Fury MT’s on 26x14 XF Offroad wheels.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4/Raceme Ultra with DRD WARP tunes/EGR, Throttle Valve, DPF Delete, 4'' FloPro/5'' Rough Country Lift Kit with 37's on 22" Fuel Flow

20. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast