Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  74
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'll Still Be Around But........

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

I'll Still Be Around But........

Just wanted to let you all know I made a deal last weekend and traded the cummins for a duramax. Don't hate on me please LOL. Ultimately it came down to ride. I always used to say "I didn't buy this truck to ride like a Cadillac", but as I continue to keep getting older, Rams solid axle just wasn't doing it for me anymore. Definitely gonna miss the cummins though. I'll be around lurking now and then still. I forgot about the classified section on here before I already put my raceme ultra on eBay for sale. Here's a pic of my new to me truck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: I'll Still Be Around But........

Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do ...

You mention age ... I'm just not liking getting old enough and future health issues where I won't beable to drive ... Now that's scary ....

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Just wanted to let you all know I made a deal last weekend and traded the cummins for a duramax. Don't hate on me please LOL. Ultimately it came down to ride. I always used to say "I didn't buy this truck to ride like a Cadillac", but as I continue to keep getting older, Rams solid axle just wasn't doing it for me anymore. Definitely gonna miss the cummins though. I'll be around lurking now and then still. I forgot about the classified section on here before I already put my raceme ultra on eBay for sale. Here's a pic of my new to me truck.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...2a822e06f8.jpg

Soon behind ya to try out a gm. Been in cummins since 05'. Age and just wanting to try out the new l5p with Allison. Congrats on the new ride

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

2015 laramie 3500 CCLB G56 4x4/Thuren springs/trackbar/swaybar with King's on Walker's with 37 Toyo mt's. Raceme/Arp625's/BBI 1.5's/Stainless Diesel 467.7/Airdog 165 4g/Fleece 10mm CP3/GDP grid delete and S3/Hellman VC.....Warp by double r diesel

4. Likes RATLIN'HP, walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oneshotkyle View Post
    Soon behind ya to try out a gm. Been in cummins since 05'. Age and just wanting to try out the new l5p with Allison. Congrats on the new ride

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    I went with used cuz l5p is not tunable yet. That's why I went with lml. Not that I have big plans, but I at least want the option LOL.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

6. Likes oneshotkyle, walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Just wanted to let you all know I made a deal last weekend and traded the cummins for a duramax. Don't hate on me please LOL. Ultimately it came down to ride. I always used to say "I didn't buy this truck to ride like a Cadillac", but as I continue to keep getting older, Rams solid axle just wasn't doing it for me anymore. Definitely gonna miss the cummins though. I'll be around lurking now and then still. I forgot about the classified section on here before I already put my raceme ultra on eBay for sale. Here's a pic of my new to me truck.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...2a822e06f8.jpg

You’ll be hating that durashit in no time and missing the Cummins nice ride but it’s a Chevy

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, WyomingHunter, TOWPIG liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    You’ll be hating that durashit in no time and missing the Cummins nice ride but it’s a Chevy
    That used to be funny when I was the one typing it. Now it's just mean, and hurtful. I need a safe space now, thanks a lot. Lmao!

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Hum my oldest son has a 2009 durawimp, he replaces the front hubs about every two years. Enjoy your government motors. LOL LOL LOL. (Really enjoy it)

11. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by .44mag View Post
    Hum my oldest son has a 2009 durawimp, he replaces the front hubs about every two years. Enjoy your government motors. LOL LOL LOL. (Really enjoy it)
    Funny never heard that line durawimp

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

13. Thanks .44mag thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Yeah I used that once while talking to my son and few of his friends while I was pulling them out of the mud with my truck and it stuck. Makes him cringe when I say it, makes me laugh.

Last edited by .44mag; 04-04-2018 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Cave man can't type

15. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by .44mag View Post
    Yeah I'm sure everyone has a story about this, and about that. I just used personal facts making my decision. 4 GM trucks at work. All worked hard with no major issues. Multiple friends with GM trucks, and a few beat the snot out of them. No major issues for them either.
    LOL I'm not trying to defend GM on a cummins forum. I'm just saying.
    I loved my cummins. I just got sick of the truck it's wrapped around.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast