Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  42
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Projector Retrofit...great mod!

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Projector Retrofit...great mod!

Quote Originally Posted by AKram2500 View Post
    How much was the whole swap? I want projectors bad, the quads arent cutting it LOL. If it's cheaper I may retrofit Morimotos into my Quads
    The headlights were around 300 for the TYC projector headlights on Amazon or Ebay. Another 125 for the headlight conversion harness and 150 for the Morimoto HID kit.

Cost wise is a little more than a morimoto projector kit but I get the nicer led signals and a great looking headlight and good light output and I didn't have to open up a headlight in the oven and deal with sealing issues down the road.

I've done the retrofits before a couple of times and these are right on par with some of the old H1 kits but aren't as wide as the D2S kit but plenty Sharp with a nice cutoff.

Just my .02...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

2. Thanks AKram2500, Noneck thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Noneck liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Loco View Post
    The headlights were around 300 for the TYC projector headlights on Amazon or Ebay. Another 125 for the headlight conversion harness and 150 for the Morimoto HID kit.

Cost wise is a little more than a morimoto projector kit but I get the nicer led signals and a great looking headlight and good light output and I didn't have to open up a headlight in the oven and deal with sealing issues down the road.

I've done the retrofits before a couple of times and these are right on par with some of the old H1 kits but aren't as wide as the D2S kit but plenty Sharp with a nice cutoff.

Just my .02...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    I'd have to agree. Baking lights to open and close is a challenge and a costly experiment for poor results in my opinion. Do it right this way!

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

2013 Laramie 2500 CC. Warp tuning on RaceMe. 2 inch level w/35s.

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

I did it on my 2004 Silverado SS and it was a crap ton of work LOL. I'm going to find some tyc ones

6. Likes watersupply189, Noneck, Loco liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123