Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  42
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Projector Retrofit...great mod!

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Projector Retrofit...great mod!

Quote Originally Posted by whiskey actual View Post
    Looks great! Are they full headlight replacements? Or retrofits for the standard quads?
    I did the projector swap, I had quads and installed the projectors and then added the HID kit all in one shot. Not a cheap day.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

2. Likes walla2k5, Power247, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Looks good. I ran the morimotos in my 03. They are nice. I continued to have condensation issues after I resealed them up. It drove me nuts. On my current 13, it came with the factory projectors. I am running morimotos on that as well. I've never gone thru a set of bulbs in either truck with 55w ballasts so I wouldn't worry about that.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

2013 Laramie 2500 CC. Warp tuning on RaceMe. 2 inch level w/35s.

4. Likes Loco, Power247, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Loco View Post
    I did the projector swap, I had quads and installed the projectors and then added the HID kit all in one shot. Not a cheap day. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ac5b13ca73.jpg

Ha, I figured. I was being hopeful there was a Morimoto projector conversion of some sort.

2016 | RAM | 2500 | RaceME Ultra MM3 Tuner w/Transmission programming | Sinister Diesel EGR Delete | DPF & DEF Delete | 4" Flo Pro straight pipe |

6. Likes Loco, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whiskey actual View Post
    Ha, I figured. I was being hopeful there was a Morimoto projector conversion of some sort.

2016 | RAM | 2500 | RaceME Ultra MM3 Tuner w/Transmission programming | Sinister Diesel EGR Delete | DPF & DEF Delete | 4" Flo Pro straight pipe |
    Probably one of the best things minus tuning I have done to the truck.

8. Likes walla2k5, Power247, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

The aftermarket OEM style replacement headlights are pretty good.by TYC. They come with lifetime warranty and have better light cutoff than the OEM. I got a pair in black on eBay from Hendrick Chevrolet. I had condensation issues and they sent a replacement set no questions asked. You can but the OE projector wiring harness if you have the quad headlights and run these.

10. Likes walla2k5, Loco, watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
    The aftermarket OEM style replacement headlights are pretty good.by TYC. They come with lifetime warranty and have better light cutoff than the OEM. I got a pair in black on eBay from Hendrick Chevrolet. I had condensation issues and they sent a replacement set no questions asked. You can but the OE projector wiring harness if you have the quad headlights and run these.

I'm running the TYC. They have a better cutoff by far. I had a powerwagon before with the OEM ones and they were pretty poor even with HID.

I have the conversion kit from The Retroshop. Jeremy has been awesome to work with.

12. Likes Power247, watersupply189, Noneck liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

I'm running the TYC. They have a better cutoff by far. I had a powerwagon before with the OEM ones and they were pretty poor even with HID.

I have the conversion kit from The Retroshop. Jeremy has been awesome to work with.

There is a part number from Dodge as well for the factory harness. I researched it for a buddy and was going to convert him to the OEM projectors. Unfortunately I don't have the number but it is out there.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Probably one of the best things minus tuning I have done to the truck.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...93d622b998.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...54514761b8.jpg

Sweet setup looks good

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Sweet setup looks good
    Ha! Me too!

18. Likes Loco, watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

I did the projector swap, I had quads and installed the projectors and then added the HID kit all in one shot. Not a cheap day. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ac5b13ca73.jpg

How much was the whole swap? I want projectors bad, the quads arent cutting it LOL. If it's cheaper I may retrofit Morimotos into my Quads

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast