Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  30
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MM3 just installed

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

MM3 just installed

The tuner install was great and straightforward maybe 30min. Now the EGR and cooler wow that was a pain and time consuming 6+HRS downside and I ran out of time and didn't finish the exhaust.

Any input on running truck with stock exhaust for about a week with it being deleted (350miles is what I drive a week)? I know it will clog if I don't change it but wasn't sure on time frame 48k is on the truck if that helps. The motor side is done other than little stuff like plugging connectors and what not.

Any Advice?
    Thanks

2013 Black Tradesman,285/70/17 Black Rhino Rims,S&B Intake and more to come!
    https://www.igotacummins.com/forum.php?referrerid=13238

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 just installed

About 30 miles is tops before it clogs.

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Thanks Reyn, cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    About 30 miles is tops before it clogs.

That’s unreal! Glad i didn’t find out the hard way.

Trey
    2013 Ram Cummins 68RFE 2500 4x4 Tradesman 285/70/17 S&B Cold Air Intake! Still debating on programmers!

2013 Black Tradesman,285/70/17 Black Rhino Rims,S&B Intake and more to come!
    https://www.igotacummins.com/forum.php?referrerid=13238

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I'm thinking of deleting my 2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab when I get back from deployment and I will be going with DRDs MM3 full complete package with 5" TBE FLO-PRO but not planning on doing the EGR delete right now. Will that be OK? I don't really care to much regarding the HP; I care more about the sound and letting it breathe more and longevity. I really don't want a lot of smoke coming out of it either.

7. Likes watersupply189, ICT LPX liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dodgeharleyowner View Post
    I'm thinking of deleting my 2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab when I get back from deployment and I will be going with DRDs MM3 full complete package with 5" TBE FLO-PRO but not planning on doing the EGR delete right now. Will that be OK? I don't really care to much regarding the HP; I care more about the sound and letting it breathe more and longevity. I really don't want a lot of smoke coming out of it either.
    I did a full delete and left everything on under the hood. I just unplugged everything and put shibby plug kit ends in everything electrical I unplugged to keep the dirt out. I’m not wasting my time or energy taking everything out under the hood. LOL

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I didn't think you had to unplug anything but the fake plug where the new plug from the tuner goes

11. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I didn't think you had to unplug anything but the fake plug where the new plug from the tuner goes
    On the 13-18 trucks, nothing is unplugged now.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

No you don’t have to unplug it but I did because it gave me a piece of mind.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

14. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

What was the deciding factor they made you do the delete knowing you were going to void your warranty? Was it worth it?

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

What was the deciding factor they made you do the delete knowing you were going to void your warranty? Was it worth it?
    For me, it was talking to the lead Diesel tech & service writer at the dealership after my first oil change. They both said that that the #1 warranty items were emissions related and that they would still perform any other warranty work that was not related to tuning. They have been true to their word. I have had minimal warranty issues and the ones I did have they handled without question.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast