Basic Member

User Info Menu

Save your turbo for pennies

I rerouted the blow by tube on my truck last weekend. Here is the video

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Save your turbo for pennies

That’s how the 5.9s were routed as well. I did the same when I deleted mine years ago but the actual CCV filter needs to be gutted because you won’t have the vacuum to pull those gasses through and you’ll get high crank case pressure.

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    That’s how the 5.9s were routed as well. I did the same when I deleted mine years ago but the actual CCV filter needs to be gutted because you won’t have the vacuum to pull those gasses through and you’ll get high crank case pressure.

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD
    If I gut the CCV filter will it throw a CEL?

4. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Ahhhhh .. the wonderful EPA engineering department and their miracles designs they do for us.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

No it won’t but what did you plug the hole in the turbo with. Nice video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Thanks TITAN thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, 1BdKntryboy, walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    No it won’t but what did you plug the hole in the turbo with. Nice video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No hole in the turbo. I just plugged the hole in the intake right before the turbo. I used a 1/2 inch pvc slipon irrigation plug. Got it at home depot for about 79 cents.

9. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post

What is going to happen if I don't gut the CCV. That blow by is coming out of that hose pretty dang good. I wouldn't think it would need a vacuum to pull fumes as hard as it's blowing out of there.

10. Likes watersupply189, 1BdKntryboy, walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN View Post
    What is going to happen if I don't gut the CCV. That blow by is coming out of that hose pretty dang good. I wouldn't think it would need a vacuum to pull fumes as hard as it's blowing out of there.

My understanding is, when that filter is finally past it's "useful" life, the end result will be higher than designed crankcase pressure. Nice job by the way! I routed mine right into that hole in the frame where you routed yours. There are a lot of good videos on gutting the CCV filter out there. A heat gun will soften the glue and make removing the filter media much easier.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

12. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by walla2k5 View Post
    My understanding is, when that filter is finally past it's "useful" life, the end result will be higher than designed crankcase pressure. Nice job by the way! I routed mine right into that hole in the frame where you routed yours. There are a lot of good videos on gutting the CCV filter out there. A heat gun will soften the glue and make removing the filter media much easier.
    So If I just change the CCV before it's full. I should be good? I plan on doing a full delete after I use a little of the warranty. It will only have about 10K miles on it in the next 3 years.

13. Likes watersupply189, 1BdKntryboy liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN View Post
    So If I just change the CCV before it's full. I should be good? I plan on doing a full delete after I use a little of the warranty. It will only have about 10K miles on it in the next 3 years.

I would think so. I'd keep a close eye on everything in the mean time, don't want to be pushing oil out where it's not supposed to. Guys correct me if I'm wrong.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

15. Thanks TITAN thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast