Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Thermostat on Deleted Truck

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Thermostat on Deleted Truck

Just curious of what temp thermostat everyone is running on their Deleted Trucks
    On my 2012 it is a factory 200 ° thermostat
    Any benefits to running like a 190° I have heard that that is the sweet spot for a 6.7 Cummins H.O.

2012 RAM 3500 Mega cab Dually Longhorn H.O
    Sagebrush Pearl
    Sinister Diesel Egr delete,,AFE Turbo back 5"SS exaust,MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel,S&B cold air intake,GDP throttle valve delete,AMSOIL,(arp625 headstuds comming soon)

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Thermostat on Deleted Truck

Quote Originally Posted by 4406PACK View Post
    Just curious of what temp thermostat everyone is running on their Deleted Trucks
    On my 2012 it is a factory 200 ° thermostat
    Any benefits to running like a 190° I have heard that that is the sweet spot for a 6.7 Cummins H.O.
    Factory just fine. The cummins cooling system is overkill already.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

2015 laramie 3500 CCLB G56 4x4/Thuren springs/trackbar/swaybar with King's on Walker's with 37 Toyo mt's. Raceme/Arp625's/BBI 1.5's/Stainless Diesel 467.7/Airdog 165 4g/Fleece 10mm CP3/GDP grid delete and S3/Hellman VC.....Warp by double r diesel

3. Thanks 4406PACK thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

As long as your cooling system is in good working order you don't need to change it

5. Thanks 4406PACK thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    As long as your cooling system is in good working order you don't need to change it
    Cooling system is fresh new water pump new 5 year 100000 fluid and actually a new factory 200°thermostat
    I was just wondering since all of emissions are Deleted was the factory 200 just for the emissions systems and is there any benefit in dropping thermostat to 190 or even 180 now?
    I have seen a few videos and read a few things that have said that 190° is the optimal running temp for a 6.7 Cummins I do know that I could get an original Cummins 190° thermostat part # 3946849 but it is for an older motor 2000-2002 year

2012 RAM 3500 Mega cab Dually Longhorn H.O
    Sagebrush Pearl
    Sinister Diesel Egr delete,,AFE Turbo back 5"SS exaust,MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel,S&B cold air intake,GDP throttle valve delete,AMSOIL,(arp625 headstuds comming soon)

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

It seems like that would be a good thing to do if a guy did a compound turbo setup or a fixed vane swap.. Or would a cooler thermostat not make the oil temperature a little cooler also?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

17 model Bright White Ram 2500 4x4 with the G56 transmission.. All stock right now

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

lots of miss information here.
    Yes you would benefit from a lower temp stat, less stress on the whole engine. a 190 is ideal.
    the cooling system is designed for the rated HP, if you had a better cooling system you could have a higher rated HP form factory, the cooling system is what limits the HP. sure you an run a tuner, but tow at 100% load up hill all day in the desert and it'll melt down where factory it will not. hence the reason the same engine in boats are well over 450 HP. more cooling capacity.

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Killer223 View Post
    lots of miss information here.
    Yes you would benefit from a lower temp stat, less stress on the whole engine. a 190 is ideal.
    the cooling system is designed for the rated HP, if you had a better cooling system you could have a higher rated HP form factory, the cooling system is what limits the HP. sure you an run a tuner, but tow at 100% load up hill all day in the desert and it'll melt down where factory it will not. hence the reason the same engine in boats are well over 450 HP. more cooling capacity.
    Wow. I read more misinformation than I need. First off dodge has a proving ground in Kingman Arizona and runs regular tests up and down the grade into Bullhead city and out toward searchlight. 6% grades 11 miles roughly on both sides of the Colorado river. It gets on the high 120's every year there. Stock horsepower yes but deleting them does not create more heat. I run my 688hp 15' towing 20k all summer. No problems on cooling whatsoever. Never have never will. This ain't my first rodeo on towing heavy with high horsepower cummins. In the winter you can block the radiator 100% off too. How many 450hp boats have you seen with emmissions?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

2015 laramie 3500 CCLB G56 4x4/Thuren springs/trackbar/swaybar with King's on Walker's with 37 Toyo mt's. Raceme/Arp625's/BBI 1.5's/Stainless Diesel 467.7/Airdog 165 4g/Fleece 10mm CP3/GDP grid delete and S3/Hellman VC.....Warp by double r diesel

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

And it shows reading and comprehending are not your strong point. There is a difference you know. Reread and try again. As I typed it right out there for you. Please don’t jump in to a conversation unarmed.
    Need some help? I said 100% load. As in using all the power the engine creates. You are clearly not only towing 20k.

most current boats powered by the ISB have emissions. They are just different than our trucks.