Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  74
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CCV Delete?

1. Top Of Page | #11

CCV Delete?

You only need that barbed plug if you’re running the stock intake. The s&b intake just uses a rubber cover that gets clamped on. I just returned mine back to stock for the time being hopefully I didn’t hurt anything. I only went half throttle a couple times with it deleted. and drove maybe 30 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #12

CCV Delete?

I just spoke with s&b. I figured I would ask them for the heck of it. They said the crankcase would evacuate the pressure just fine without gutting the factory filter. So who knows at this point.

3. Thanks jeepmanjr thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13

CCV Delete?

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper17 View Post
    You only need that barbed plug if you’re running the stock intake. The s&b intake just uses a rubber cover that gets clamped on. I just returned mine back to stock for the time being hopefully I didn’t hurt anything. I only went half throttle a couple times with it deleted. and drove maybe 30 miles.

That rubber cover is what I'm trying to find, but don't know what to call it.

There's almost no chance you've done any damage. I've read that if your filter is clean and changed regularly it doesn't matter. But once there's some oil saturation in the filter, the vacuum is needed. I'm gutting mine because vent to atmosphere worked fine for a lot of years and that filter is just an afterthought to appease the EPA/emissions nonsense.

2015 Ram 2500 with a majestic 6.7 Cummins and 68RFE. Fully deleted with MM3 and tunes from DoubleRDiesel. 5" Flo-Pro exhaust. S&B cold air intake. Custom sound system by Me. Proud American.

5. Top Of Page | #14

CCV Delete?

Quote Originally Posted by WyomingHunter View Post
    That rubber cover is what I'm trying to find, but don't know what to call it.

There's almost no chance you've done any damage. I've read that if your filter is clean and changed regularly it doesn't matter. But once there's some oil saturation in the filter, the vacuum is needed. I'm gutting mine because vent to atmosphere worked fine for a lot of years and that filter is just an afterthought to appease the EPA/emissions nonsense.
    Search for a 3/4 hose rubber cap. I found them like that.

6. Likes walla2k5, WyomingHunter liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

CCV Delete?

I certainly recommend gutting the filter. Before I gutted mine, the crankcase pressure went very high on my Ultra and it stays at maybe 0.25 psi now. Mine is vented to atmosphere with the hose down to the frame as well.

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD

8. Thanks 4kids2dogs&RV thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, 4kids2dogs&RV, Rob See liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

CCV Delete?

Quote Originally Posted by Cummins20126.7 View Post
    I Should've done it over a trash can:/ made a mess LOL! Also to the OP, a heat gun or hair dryer works great to get the glue off on the edge of the filter. A hair dryer won't melt the plastic but a heat gun might so keep it a good distance away.

Run the engine for a while then rip it apart. Made mine a simple task.

2012 Ram 3500 HO w/4.10
    Hellbent 2.5 level Bilstein 5100's
    Double R Diesel Warp tunes
    HPP egr delete
    FloPro 5" w/muffler
    CCV filter delete hose reroute to frame

10. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

CCV Delete?

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper17 View Post
    I just spoke with s&b. I figured I would ask them for the heck of it. They said the crankcase would evacuate the pressure just fine without gutting the factory filter. So who knows at this point.

Do not listen to them. Without gutting my crankcase pressure skyrocketed. I left it connected to the turbo until I did the full gut.

2012 Ram 3500 HO w/4.10
    Hellbent 2.5 level Bilstein 5100's
    Double R Diesel Warp tunes
    HPP egr delete
    FloPro 5" w/muffler
    CCV filter delete hose reroute to frame

12. Likes WyomingHunter, theaaronbush, walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

CCV Delete?

I deleted my truck with less than 1000 miles on it and I got a high crankcase pressure code right away. So, doesn’t matter how new or old the filter is, if you don’t have a vacuum pulling on it, it needs to be gutted.

The only thing in the oil field that's for sure, is nothing is for sure.......

2017 Ram Laramie Longhorn 2500, Lifted, deleted, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. RevMax Enhanced 68RFE

2017 Laramie Schlonghorn 2500, 4" coil spring, tubular radius arm Superlift, Sota REPR 20x10 -19 offset wheels, 35x13.50 Toyo Open Country R/T tires.. RaceME MM3 tuning by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro TBE no muffler, HPP EGR delete, GDP Mega-Flo Billet Throttle Valve Delete Airaid dry filter w/smooth inlet tube
    1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440ci R3 Siamese bore small block (700hp) Faceplated TKO 600 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4.56 gears
    1979 Lil Red Express (Currently doing a 12 valve Cummins swap)

14. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

CCV Delete?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob See View Post
    Run the engine for a while then rip it apart. Made mine a simple task.
    Lesson learned the hard way LOL!

15. Likes theaaronbush, Rob See, walla2k5 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

CCV Delete?

Can you delete the CCV before you tune? Or tune first?

Trey
    2013 Ram Cummins 68RFE 2500 4x4 Tradesman 285/70/17 S&B Cold Air Intake! Still debating on programmers!

2013 Black Tradesman,285/70/17 Black Rhino Rims,S&B Intake and more to come!
    https://www.igotacummins.com/forum.php?referrerid=13238

17. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast