Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  11
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Poor Fuel Economy?

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: Poor Fuel Economy?

In my 2012 i never did because i didn't have many miles on it. On my 06 that i have now im running amsoil in it. I'm only on my first tank right now so still getting all the results slowly. Will be able to really tell after a few tanks. Archoil makes some great stuff as well. I haven't personally used it yet but @Polaraco has and is still using it and loves the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by 4406PACK View Post
    Have you ran anything to clean up your injectors?

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

2. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cummins20126.7 View Post
    I'm working on dropping pulsewidth and timing in the cruise range for better economy

For the driving you mentioned, you be best doing it across the board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    In my 2012 i never did because i didn't have many miles on it. On my 06 that i have now im running amsoil in it. I'm only on my first tank right now so still getting all the results slowly. Will be able to really tell after a few tanks. Archoil makes some great stuff as well. I haven't personally used it yet but @Polaraco has and is still using it and loves the stuff.
    This stuff is the best I have ever found.

http://www.archoil.com/ar6000-fuel-treatments-2/

The 03, early 04 were a 1 year head. They were great for building up carbon and eventually interrupting the injector spray. I ran some seafoam through, didn't do anything. Then I think I tried Silo. Nope. While searching the internet I discovered this stuff. Expensive, but the hype seemed to answer my problems. First bottle my fuel economy jumped and my injector problem went away. 2nd bottla and I never looked back, However, I don't think any Archoil product is going to resolve your needs. They'll help though

I am currently using the friction modifier and the fuel treatment religiously. I install a bottle of the fuel system cleaner once a year. Which reminds me . . . . Saying I get improved mileage now would be a lie. After 4 years I don't know. But I LOVE the smoothness and quiet engine I have. I get 16 to 17 around town on my 5.9

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    This stuff is the best I have ever found.

http://www.archoil.com/ar6000-fuel-treatments-2/

The 03, early 04 were a 1 year head. They were great for building up carbon and eventually interrupting the injector spray. I ran some seafoam through, didn't do anything. Then I think I tried Silo. Nope. While searching the internet I discovered this stuff. Expensive, but the hype seemed to answer my problems. First bottle my fuel economy jumped and my injector problem went away. 2nd bottla and I never looked back, However, I don't think any Archoil product is going to resolve your needs. They'll help though

I am currently using the friction modifier and the fuel treatment religiously. I install a bottle of the fuel system cleaner once a year. Which reminds me . . . . Saying I get improved mileage now would be a lie. After 4 years I don't know. But I LOVE the smoothness and quiet engine I have. I get 16 to 17 around town on my 5.9
    Finished the CCV Delete yesterday and filled er up. I reset my mpg calculator on the dash as well and now it's sitting around 15-16? I'm wondering what the hand calculated will come up as. I also made some refinements in my tune that may have helped with that as well. I know it takes a few drives for that calculator on the dash to settle into an average but we'll see what happens. Putting on a Grid heater delete and TV delete in the next week or so and ill report back

4. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

@Polaraco could you educate me on those injector cleaner fluids? Is it a noticeable difference or just for ease of mind?

5. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

@Polaraco could you educate me on those injector cleaner fluids? Is it a noticeable difference or just for ease of mind?

The first time I used it, it was dramatic. After the 2nd treatment. Since then I have been using the fuel additive with no appreciable differences. I'm pretty critical with my Jeans Gauge. I question me too. But there was no doubt in this case. Of course, I don't know if anything other than the sea foam had been introduced to the truck before me.

The daily maintenance with the fuel additive is probably why it was a one time shot. I just do it annually to clean out any heavy carbon. I am told the fuel additive considerably reduces that too.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

The first time I used it, it was dramatic. After the 2nd treatment. Since then I have been using the fuel additive with no appreciable differences. I'm pretty critical with my Jeans Gauge. I question me too. But there was no doubt in this case. Of course, I don't know if anything other than the sea foam had been introduced to the truck before me.

The daily maintenance with the fuel additive is probably why it was a one time shot. I just do it annually to clean out any heavy carbon. I am told the fuel additive considerably reduces that too.
    What is the end goal? A longer lasting engine or just cleaner on a daily basis?

7. Likes Power247 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

What is the end goal? A longer lasting engine or just cleaner on a daily basis?

The 03 - early 04 have a cylinder head carbon problem. Initially I did the cleaner and not the additive. 6 months later, and brand new injectors, the problem was back. That time I cleaned and started using the additive. That was 4 years ago. It's been great since.

So to answer your question, it's solving a running issue. The side effect is the engine will last longer. If it can do this to my truck, imagine what it can do to one that doesn't have engineering issues.

9. Likes Power247 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

The 03 - early 04 have a cylinder head carbon problem. Initially I did the cleaner and not the additive. 6 months later, and brand new injectors, the problem was back. That time I cleaned and started using the additive. That was 4 years ago. It's been great since.

So to answer your question, it's solving a running issue. The side effect is the engine will last longer. If it can do this to my truck, imagine what it can do to one that doesn't have engineering issues.
    I might look into getting some. Is there an equivalent for the 6.7? Or will that work in them too

11. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

Just so that you can compare to my set up. 2012, 4.10 on 285/75/17. Full deletes except for TV and grid heater. On 60 and 90 warp tune. 16.66mpg highway but up and down a mountain. On 120 Warp tune and light throttle about 20 mpg. Cruising with short hammer downs on 120 tune...18mpg hwy.

2012 Ram 3500 HO w/4.10
    Hellbent 2.5 level Bilstein 5100's
    Double R Diesel Warp tunes
    HPP egr delete
    FloPro 5" w/muffler
    CCV filter delete hose reroute to frame

12. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob See View Post
    Just so that you can compare to my set up. 2012, 4.10 on 285/75/17. Full deletes except for TV and grid heater. On 60 and 90 warp tune. 16.66mpg highway but up and down a mountain. On 120 Warp tune and light throttle about 20 mpg. Cruising with short hammer downs on 120 tune...18mpg hwy.
    What made ya switch to 4.10's on 285's?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast