Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #1 injector line question

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

#1 injector line question

So my brother in San Diego put in a new Banks air horn on his 2005 5.9 and it looks great and he says more throttle response, cool.

I looked at the Banks horns for my 2017 6.7 and they come with a re-route tube for the #1 injector line. Is that under high pressure even when the engine is off, does it require an injection bleed ?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: #1 injector line question

Quote Originally Posted by Camp2SeaDoo View Post
    So my brother in San Diego put in a new Banks air horn on his 2005 5.9 and it looks great and he says more throttle response, cool.

I looked at the Banks horns for my 2017 6.7 and they come with a re-route tube for the #1 injector line. Is that under high pressure even when the engine is off, does it require an injection bleed ?
    No need to bleed

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

2015 laramie 3500 CCLB G56 4x4/Thuren springs/trackbar/swaybar with King's on Walker's with 37 Toyo mt's. Raceme/Arp625's/BBI 1.5's/Stainless Diesel 467.7/Airdog 165 4g/Fleece 10mm CP3/GDP grid delete and S3/Hellman VC.....Warp by double r diesel

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I've bought Banks products in the past ... and what I bought never lived up to their claims. Use caution.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Likes walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    I've bought Banks products in the past ... and what I bought never lived up to their claims. Use caution.
    X2 on beware of over hyped BS parts from Banks way over hyped and over priced

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

6. Likes AnOldBiker, david3gen liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I agree with everybody

Send the banks back and get a Shibby air horn. I saw the CFM tests. Banks was almost the bottom. I witnessed them. Delete the grid heater too

It's just a name

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Thanks david3gen thanked for this post
    Likes AnOldBiker, david3gen liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I haven't bought anything yet, it was my bro's... Thanks for the info, always good to hear from experienced folks. I'm not building a racer or going for 700 HP, just want the deletes done etc. You think the grid heater is really restrictive? I kinda like the smooth starts it gives, especially since we've had some mornings of 27 degrees lately here in balmy Flow-rida LOL.

10. Likes david3gen liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Here is a pic of the intake horn. Talk about an awesome set up! We are also a proud dealer for shibby engineering.

StageIIIntakeSystem.2.jpg

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Thanks david3gen thanked for this post
    Likes AnOldBiker, david3gen liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I haven't bought anything yet, it was my bro's... Thanks for the info, always good to hear from experienced folks. I'm not building a racer or going for 700 HP, just want the deletes done etc. You think the grid heater is really restrictive? I kinda like the smooth starts it gives, especially since we've had some mornings of 27 degrees lately here in balmy Flow-rida LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Here is a pic of the intake horn. Talk about an awesome set up! We are also a proud dealer for shibby engineering.

If you're concerned about having a grid heater, Shibby makes one that's remote and non restrictive.

Let me find you a pic of that. I was involved in that one too. In my day I was quite the dude. So they say. Speaking of Dudes. . . .

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

14. Likes AnOldBiker, david3gen liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Ooh, yes, that looks like a winner. I see it has an indent for the #1 injector line like the Pusher does. I'd like to see that Shibby grid heater, it must be in a throttle valve of some sort, I think a few people make those.

16. Likes david3gen liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post

X2 for the Shibby products are awesome and work as advertised and are very reasonably priced especially from DDP Clayton the man himself

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

18. Likes david3gen liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast