Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you believe this ?

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Can you believe this ?

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Can you believe this ?

Yikes!

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

"The grass is greener where you water it"

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    The good news is you and I won't be around to see it.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I thought this thru one year, and when I go to visit my kids on the west coast, it will take a week to get there, and a week to get home. (we like driving across the country and enjoy the sights). So instead of a 3 week vacation, it'll be more of a month and a half.

That's 'if' I can find a place to charge the batteries.
    If not ... I'll need to bring a generator along to charge up.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    I thought this thru one year, and when I go to visit my kids on the west coast, it will take a week to get there, and a week to get home. (we like driving across the country and enjoy the sights). So instead of a 3 week vacation, it'll be more of a month and a half.

That's 'if' I can find a place to charge the batteries.
    If not ... I'll need to bring a generator along to charge up.
    Tote a bunch of solar panels. You can charge up like the Martian movie

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Well.....as far as I'm concerned....it all depends on how the truck's gonna sound with a 5" TBE. LOL

2016 Ram 3500 DRW/Aisin
    2015 SRT GC
    2016 Charger Hellcat
    2018 Trackhawk GC in route.
    2017 Durango Citadel AWD
    "Mopar or no car"

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

And.....I'll still be out stomping on the "Red Barchetta"!!

2016 Ram 3500 DRW/Aisin
    2015 SRT GC
    2016 Charger Hellcat
    2018 Trackhawk GC in route.
    2017 Durango Citadel AWD
    "Mopar or no car"

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

One of the problems I see with electric vehicles becoming the norm is the fact that our power grid is outdated. I don't think in its current state it can handle that many chargers. Also, I can't imagine how long the batteries would last in the north in the winter with the heater running full blast, or in the south in summer with the a/c running full blast.

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Whitewolf View Post
    One of the problems I see with electric vehicles becoming the norm is the fact that our power grid is outdated. I don't think in its current state it can handle that many chargers. Also, I can't imagine how long the batteries would last in the north in the winter with the heater running full blast, or in the south in summer with the a/c running full blast.
    Yeah, there are a lot of "kinks" to be worked out. I don't think we'll see electric cars be the norm for quite a few years yet.

2015 Ram 3500 CCSB SRW 4x4 G56
    2020 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 68RFE

Never ending project. Always adding something...

13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OneTon View Post
    Yeah, there are a lot of "kinks" to be worked out. I don't think we'll see electric cars be the norm for quite a few years yet.
    Even then, look at all the old cars on the road today. As with most automotive mandates there is the grandfather rule. We may have to make our own biodiesel but I am confident we will be able to drive our diesel trucks on the road, it is just a question of how much will it cost. I agree with @Whitewolf the electrical grid will not be able to handle the millions of cars charging every night. In 2016 there were 17.6 million cars and trucks sold in America, of that only 159,000 were electric. Can you imagine if they were all electric. There would be power outages all over the place. Lots more power plants will be needed which may be the downfall, how hard is it to build a power generating facility now?

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast