Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long Lasting MT

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Long Lasting MT

I know, I know, I can't expect to get high mileage from an MT. However, I'll probably still go back with an MT when my current 35's give out.
    Throw me some recommendations for a long lasting MT. I like the Toyo RT and Cooper STT PRO, but will consider most other reputable brands.

2015 Ram 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4 - Leveled with 35's
    MM3 with Lite tunes from Double R Diesel
    DPF/SCR Delete

2. Likes david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Long Lasting MT

I had the Firestone Distination MT and got almost 60k from them. But had to constantly rotate roughly every 5k with tire pressure checks weekly. But they sung way to much for long trips.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Likes JCoop79, david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I looked at them and they're cheaper than the others. I have heard negatives on the noise.
    Firestone now has the MT2 out. I may check those out as well.

DPF/SCR Delete

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I'm running Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx. I've been rotating every 5 to 6K and getting decent wear.

2019 Ram 3500 Crew Cab CTD Granite Crystal Metallic Clearcoat / Extang Revolution Tonneau / B&H Companion 5th wheel hitch / B&H Tow & Stow / Luverne Rubber mud flaps / UWS Under tonneau tool box
    SOLD: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab CTD Mineral Gray / 2inch HBS Level / HBS Steering Box Brace / 5100 shocks / Carli Track Bar
    Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx 295/70/17 / Husky mud flaps / Husky floor mats

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JCoop79 View Post
    I looked at them and they're cheaper than the others. I have heard negatives on the noise.
    Firestone now has the MT2 out. I may check those out as well.
    Check out General Grabbers. I put 60 K on a couple of sets. I did well with the Firestone Transforce too.

Destinations are noisy while the Transforce are not. I never got stuck with them either. They're more of a highway thread. The Generals were quiet and seemed to have slightly better traction than the Firestone

General is Made in Illinois

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Likes david3gen liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Check out General Grabbers. I put 60 K on a couple of sets. I did well with the Firestone Transforce too.

Destinations are noisy while the Transforce are not. I never got stuck with them either. They're more of a highway thread. The Generals were quiet and seemed to have slightly better traction than the Firestone

General is Made in Illinois
    I have general grabbers on now, no noise complaints, Rotating every 10K and I have about 60 to 70% tread life left at 13K miles. I drive with a heavy foot though.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I had the transforce at on my ‘12 and they wore out under 30k and had little to no off-road ability. I’ve looked at the general x3 and like the tread pattern. I will probably go down in size from the 35’s to a 285/65 or something like that. Something roughly 34x11 or wider equivalent

DPF/SCR Delete

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Check out Nitto’s Ridge Grapplers awesome tire and it’s a hybrid of an AT and MT and they come in load range F

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

12. Likes JCoop79 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I did like the nitto Terra Grapplers on my 03 a few years ago, but not sure if anything changed since.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I've had great luck with Toyo MTs, Nitto Trail Grapplers --which are on my 3500 now.

2016 Ram 3500 DRW/Aisin
    2015 SRT GC
    2016 Charger Hellcat
    2018 Trackhawk GC in route.
    2017 Durango Citadel AWD
    "Mopar or no car"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast