Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: Dead Accelerator

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Dead Accelerator

A few months ago I was on a cross country drive. I stopped to refuel and when I started my truck back up my accelerator just went dead on me. My truck would not go past idle even with the pedal to the floor. I re-programmed the tuner, checked all the fuzes and nothing worked. Then after about twenty minutes of troubleshooting without any progress, it just started working again. I kinda just blew it off until tonight when it did the exact same thing again. This time I was just around town driving conservatively. And once again nothing I tried seemed to work, but after a few minutes it started working again. Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so, did you find out what caused it? My truck is a 2015 Big Horn 2500 with a Cummins and a manual transmission. The first time it happened between 20-25k miles. This time was at about 28k miles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Dead Accelerator

Who tuned it @wkb1984?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I agree ... who tuned it, but also what tuner, stock tunes or pro tuned ?

Sort of need more info ....

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    Who tuned it @wkb1984?

Double R Deisel tuned my RaceMe Ultra. I mostly run Ray's 120hp or 120hp/12valve tune.

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wkb1984 View Post
    Double R Deisel tuned my RaceMe Ultra. I mostly run Ray's 120hp or 120hp/12valve tune.
    Did you email or contact him?
    @Double R Diesel

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I haven't contacted him yet. I wanted to post it before I asked him. But sounds like that should be my next step.

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I haven't contacted him yet. I wanted to post it before I asked him. But sounds like that should be my next step.
    Simple torque limiter fix here. Email sent with the tuning fix.😉

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, 4kids2dogs&RV thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Polaraco, 4kids2dogs&RV liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    Simple torque limiter fix here. Email sent with the tuning fix.😉

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    Ray is the man!

Customer service 100%!

13. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, 4kids2dogs&RV liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

A few months ago I was on a cross country drive. I stopped to refuel and when I started my truck back up my accelerator just went dead on me. My truck would not go past idle even with the pedal to the floor. I re-programmed the tuner, checked all the fuzes and nothing worked. Then after about twenty minutes of troubleshooting without any progress, it just started working again. I kinda just blew it off until tonight when it did the exact same thing again. This time I was just around town driving conservatively. And once again nothing I tried seemed to work, but after a few minutes it started working again. Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so, did you find out what caused it? My truck is a 2015 Big Horn 2500 with a Cummins and a manual transmission. The first time it happened between 20-25k miles. This time was at about 28k miles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Haven't heard of this issue thanks for sharing in for info

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post