Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Electrical Problem

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Electrical Problem

I have an electrical problem with my 2015 Ram 2500 cummins. It sat for a few months while I was in Afghanistan. My wife was supposed to start it and drive it occasionally, but that didn’t happen very often. The batteries died multiple times and she jumped it a few times. I just got home and hooked it up to my battery charger and let it charge overnight. The charger showed both batteries at 75% and the light under the hood worked. However when I open the door, none of the dome lights come on and when I turn the key nothing happens. None of the gauges or radio come on and the power locks and windows don’t work. The weird thing is that the power mirrors fold in and out just fine. I tried to jumpstart it with my wifes jeep without any luck. It is a manual, so I even had her pull me around the neighborhood and tried to roll start it. It turned over but nothing else really happened. I pulled both batteries out and had them tested at the local advanced auto store. They both tested just fine. I have tested every fuse under the hood and all seem to be good. I am really trying hard to avoid paying to have it towed to a shop and then paying to have someone fix something I can fix myself. Please help!

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Electrical Problem

Quote Originally Posted by wkb1984 View Post
    I have an electrical problem with my 2015 Ram 2500 cummins. It sat for a few months while I was in Afghanistan. My wife was supposed to start it and drive it occasionally, but that didn’t happen very often. The batteries died multiple times and she jumped it a few times. I just got home and hooked it up to my battery charger and let it charge overnight. The charger showed both batteries at 75% and the light under the hood worked. However when I open the door, none of the dome lights come on and when I turn the key nothing happens. None of the gauges or radio come on and the power locks and windows don’t work. The weird thing is that the power mirrors fold in and out just fine. I tried to jumpstart it with my wifes jeep without any luck. It is a manual, so I even had her pull me around the neighborhood and tried to roll start it. It turned over but nothing else really happened. I pulled both batteries out and had them tested at the local advanced auto store. They both tested just fine. I have tested every fuse under the hood and all seem to be good. I am really trying hard to avoid paying to have it towed to a shop and then paying to have someone fix something I can fix myself. Please help!
    Even though your batteries tested good they are probably weak being from 2015. These trucks takes a lot of juice to operate. Best bet is to get two new batteries and see if that doesn’t fix your problem friend

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Likes walla2k5, ICT LPX liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Electrical Problem

Just wanted to give an update. I reinstalled my batteries and everything just started working again. I guess it just needed a reboot. Thanks to everyone for taking a look at this. Now I just have to troubleshoot my turbo, got a bunch of DTC codes hat popped up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, Power247 liked this post