Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upgrades

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Upgrades

So far I have everything in my signature done, but I'm looking to start adding more preventative stuff or basic upgrades like head studs etc. I can easily hit mid to high 30s for boost so headstuds are pretty high on my list. Injectors was another thing I was looking at. I have an aisin tranny so I don't no if there's much I can do there. What do you guys recommend upgrading next? Thank you!

2015 3500 Cummins w/ aisin, Kore leveling kit, bilstien 5100 shocks, 35x12.5r20 duratracs, fuel kleavers, buschwacker max coverage flares, 40" curved rough country light bar in bumper, putco silver lux led headlights, air lift rear air bags wirelessONE with onboard air, carli track bar, carli lower steering stabalizer, synergy steering box brace, afe cold air intake, raceme ultra with warp tuning by double r diesel, 5" TBE flo pro, full pusher intake, fass 150.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Upgrades

Just for basics, I believe in oil bypasses and coolant bypasses. But on your list of wants ... studs should be next in my opinion.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Thanks DcLOLinger thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I already have the oil bypass kit just have to install it next oil change LOL. But other than studs can u think of anything else?

2015 3500 Cummins w/ aisin, Kore leveling kit, bilstien 5100 shocks, 35x12.5r20 duratracs, fuel kleavers, buschwacker max coverage flares, 40" curved rough country light bar in bumper, putco silver lux led headlights, air lift rear air bags wirelessONE with onboard air, carli track bar, carli lower steering stabalizer, synergy steering box brace, afe cold air intake, raceme ultra with warp tuning by double r diesel, 5" TBE flo pro, full pusher intake, fass 150.

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

FASS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Already got a fass 150

8. Likes Wisenheimer liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DcLOLinger View Post
    Already got a fass 150
    My phone cut off some of your signature. Upgrade pans? Tranmission and diff covers. I have mag hytec on mine and like them.

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Just for basics, I believe in oil bypasses and coolant bypasses. But on your list of wants ... studs should be next in my opinion.
    What does a oil and coolant bypass do, and what is it bypassing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bloombloom88 View Post
    What does a oil and coolant bypass do, and what is it bypassing?

The oil bypass system lets up to 10% of the oil go through a bypass filter, like mine, that is 2 micron which filters out the normal trash and soot even finer and dumps the oil back into the valve cover. There isn't enough oil pulled from the normal oil flow to do any damage to the engine, but cleans the oil a lot better then the normal filter. Most oil filters for the main oil system only filters down to roughly 30 to 35 microns at best. This can allow soot and smaller debris flow through the system. I use a Donaldson filter on my old girl for the main filter and it is rated at 15 microns. But you can't go to small and plug the main filter, then it all goes through the main filter bypass, thus flushing trash all the time. So the bypass helps. And if the oii bypass filter plugs, no big deal, your normal flow and oil filter will always work to protect you. You just won't have the extra filtration until you install another bypass filter.

The coolant filter actually does 2 things. It cleans the coolant to help any possible buildup of material in the coolant. I have found some minerals on the filter that normally would have stayed in the system until the next coolant change. Thus not letting it collect or build up on the engine walls. The second thing it does is helps cools the engine. That is if you put the inlet of the coolant filter in between #5 and #6 cylinder, or next right next to #6 cylinder, it allows it to flow more coolant from that end of the block. The back side of the block has normally been the lesser flow of coolant and is normally hotter than the rest of the engine. This increase the flow and total cooling temp is more toward the rest of the engine.

Did this help ?

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    The oil bypass system lets up to 10% of the oil go through a bypass filter, like mine, that is 2 micron which filters out the normal trash and soot even finer and dumps the oil back into the valve cover. There isn't enough oil pulled from the normal oil flow to do any damage to the engine, but cleans the oil a lot better then the normal filter. Most oil filters for the main oil system only filters down to roughly 30 to 35 microns at best. This can allow soot and smaller debris flow through the system. I use a Donaldson filter on my old girl for the main filter and it is rated at 15 microns. But you can't go to small and plug the main filter, then it all goes through the main filter bypass, thus flushing trash all the time. So the bypass helps. And if the oii bypass filter plugs, no big deal, your normal flow and oil filter will always work to protect you. You just won't have the extra filtration until you install another bypass filter.

The coolant filter actually does 2 things. It cleans the coolant to help any possible buildup of material in the coolant. I have found some minerals on the filter that normally would have stayed in the system until the next coolant change. Thus not letting it collect or build up on the engine walls. The second thing it does is helps cools the engine. That is if you put the inlet of the coolant filter in between #5 and #6 cylinder, or next right next to #6 cylinder, it allows it to flow more coolant from that end of the block. The back side of the block has normally been the lesser flow of coolant and is normally hotter than the rest of the engine. This increase the flow and total cooling temp is more toward the rest of the engine.

Did this help ?
    Very much so, I'm going to look into this further. Thanks for the info, I know that was alot of typing!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

13. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Especially for an oldman ...

Jim

15. Likes bloombloom88, Power247 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast