Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: not wanting to shift into 6th

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

not wanting to shift into 6th

Have a 2011 2500 with full deletes, H&S xrt performance tune and over noticed sometime when its shifting into 6th it would feel like it shifts but the rpms go way up and the trans feels like it's slipping. Well on my way home tonight it got bad. it shifted into 6th then the rpms kept bouncing up and down almost like it was shifting back and forth from 5th to 6th in a real jerky motion. The only code I've gotten is improper 5th gear ratio.

2. Likes The DodgeFather liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: not wanting to shift into 6th

If your heavy on the throttle while this is happening, it's your trans way of saying, back off. If you're not heavy on the throttle, I'm afraid it's your trans way of saying, I'm done.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

4. Thanks 4kids2dogs&RV thanked for this post
    Likes 4kids2dogs&RV liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Obviously though check the fluid make sure it's not low. Service with a filter change. But basically the code says you're slipping 5th.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

so it looks like a transmission rebuild is coming sooner or later but I guess I'll change the fluid and filters to see if that helps anything. If/when I do a rebuild are there any parts I could use to help make it more durable? Also I was planning on eventually getting the H&S transmission tune at some point. Would that help anything?

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Raised line pressure from tuning definately helps put more clamping force on the overdrive clutches. As far as rebuilding, I'd skip that and go straight for a revmax transmission, and be done with it.

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

the #revmax definitely has an appealing price point of about $3000 after the core refund which aint that much more than having it rebuilt. Anyone have any good or bad luck with the 550 series trans? Also if i do decide to go with the revmax how much is involved in swapping out a transmission. I'm assuming its just unbolting and unplugging the old one and popping in the new one. Or is there some more complicated computer nonsense to it?

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Not sure how much nonsense LOL, but you would need to switch to a tuner that can provide revmax approved trans tuning. Bumping the line pressure up is a must. Only a handful of tuners have approval. I don't think the mini max allows the approved tuners to make the changes that need to be made. So you'd need mm3 or something so you could get the right tuning for it.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Could I get it on my raceme jr?

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jas View Post
    Could I get it on my raceme jr?
    No. It has to be custom tuned with a platform that has the parameters needed to make the necessary changes.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Ok so I called @RevMax yesterday and got to the bottom of this software issue. Turns out you can use the H&S overdrive unlock software and revmax can send me their file that's supposed to write over that, as bad as I want to get an mm3 from @Double R Diesel I'mm afraid it's just not in the budget at the moment but hopefully in the future after some head studs One last question though on the torque converter stall should I get the stock stall? Ultra low stall?? Ultra high stall??? Thanks in advance for all your help.

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast