Thanks Thanks:  67
Likes Likes:  118
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Transgender Bathroom Controversy

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Transgender Bathroom Controversy

This topic hits home to me. As you know there has been a firestorm concerning this topic with Target stores and most recently here in my state of North Carolina concerning House Bill 2.

Specifically in NC the HB 2 legislation states that in government funded facilities it would be illegal for a person to use a bathroom, shower, locker room, dressing room, etc... that is marked for a person of the sex opposite that is stated on their birth certificate. This bill has nothing to do with the private sector, only public government funded facilities... which includes public schools .

I'm old fashioned and hold to conservative Christian values and thereby support this bill.

The Department of Justice, under the Obama administration, has given our governor till tonight to repeal this legislation or lose Federal funding for schools and highways. The DOJ says this bill violates the civil rights of the LGBT community.

Our governor has supported this bill from day one but has said yesterday he was looking at all options... but would not let North Carolina lose Federal funding.

Personally I say give the LGBT folks a he/she facility, but let the ones clearly marked Men only and Women only stay that way.

How do you folks feel? I'll make no more comments on my position, but I welcome yours.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Transgender Bathroom Controversy

If they want Unisex bathrooms, give them what they want. Build a separate bathroom for those who were given a certain gender from God, but decided he was wrong and want to be something else. No reason they should be using whatever gender specific bathroom they decide they want to use.

Don't trample on the civil rights and safety of other folks to give a certain community wants. That's the thing about all these arguments. In order to not compromise the civil rights of one group, you compromise the civil rights of another group. Either way, someone is going to get their rights diminished.

If the business and government won't fund the addition of another bathroom in existing buildings. Make the community that wants to use those services fund it. If they decide they don't want to fund the changes, they didn't need it that badly. Problem solved.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    This topic hits home to me. As you know there has been a firestorm concerning this topic with Target stores and most recently here in my state of North Carolina concerning House Bill 2.

Specifically in NC the HB 2 legislation states that in government funded facilities it would be illegal for a person to use a bathroom, shower, locker room, dressing room, etc... that is marked for a person of the sex opposite that is stated on their birth certificate. This bill has nothing to do with the private sector, only public government funded facilities... which includes public schools .

I'm old fashioned and hold to conservative Christian values and thereby support this bill.

The Department of Justice, under the Obama administration, has given our governor till tonight to repeal this legislation or lose Federal funding for schools and highways. The DOJ says this bill violates the civil rights of the LGBT community.

Our governor has supported this bill from day one but has said yesterday he was looking at all options... but would not let North Carolina lose Federal funding.

Personally I say give the LGBT folks a he/she facility, but let the ones clearly marked Men only and Women only stay that way.

How do you folks feel? I'll make no more comments on my position, but I welcome yours.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    I think this really goes to show how sorry our government is, they want to stop funding children education so we can appease a few people who are confused on their sexuality. We are doomed as a country, the worst part is I work for these people! I don't care that want their own bathrooms, thats fine give it to them, but the fact that the government will stoop this low as to put out an ultimatum and using child education to do so, is was pisses me off more than anything!

4. Thanks DRD, SB09, IGOTACUMMINS, theaaronbush thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

*** The DOJ says this bill violates the civil rights of the LGBT community. ***

Has anyone read the civil rights law covering this ?
    It doesn't cover this so call groups civil rights, at the time it was
    written, it wasn't covered or considered in the bill.

I'm old and believe ... if God determined you swing at birth, go to the mens ...
    if God determined you don't swing at birth, go to the females.

But this will go on and on until they shove this down our throats in the future. So keep voting each election or it might be sooner than later.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

6. Thanks DRD, SB09, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Just another example of how this government choses to pit one part of society against another! At no point is this government interested in uniting any part of this country. Makes one think....

2014 Ram Laramie 3500 CCSB 6.7 Cummins. 3.42 gears. EGR Delete. Flo~Pro 5 inch TBE. ARP 625's. GDP grid delete and S2. 464 BMP Turbo on 2nd Gen Manifold. BD Exhaust Brake. Fass 150G Fuel System. BBI 1.5's. Exergy 10mm Stroker Pump. RevMax 68RFE 700 Series. Dual remote oil filters. Thuren coils. Carli progressive leafs with Thuren Kings 2.5. AMP Steps. Snow Performance Water/Meth Stage 2. BDS Recoil Traction Bars.
    Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35's on 20 x 10 Fuel Vapors.

8. Thanks DRD, SB09, IGOTACUMMINS, Polaraco thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

It has been said the government has been getting us out of trouble throughout the decades ...
    Until the people see that the cause of the probems was the government and it's government that wants to cover their asses ....

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

10. Thanks DRD, DanO, SB09, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes DanO, SB09, IGOTACUMMINS, nasty Longhorn liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

I agree with you. I've been getting blasted by the lefties for standing my ground on this. Sorry Boys. Like Ray, I'm old fashioned.

That deal with Target opened a can of snakes. Someone is pretty short sighted at Target.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

12. Thanks DRD, SB09, IGOTACUMMINS, theaaronbush thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

The top 10 successful government programs

Attached Images Attached Images

Jim

14. Thanks SB09, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes SB09, IGOTACUMMINS, DanO, nasty Longhorn liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    The top 10 successful government programs

I disagree! #1 should be pissing away hard working people's tax dollars on non tax paying people!

2014 Ram Laramie 3500 CCSB 6.7 Cummins. 3.42 gears. EGR Delete. Flo~Pro 5 inch TBE. ARP 625's. GDP grid delete and S2. 464 BMP Turbo on 2nd Gen Manifold. BD Exhaust Brake. Fass 150G Fuel System. BBI 1.5's. Exergy 10mm Stroker Pump. RevMax 68RFE 700 Series. Dual remote oil filters. Thuren coils. Carli progressive leafs with Thuren Kings 2.5. AMP Steps. Snow Performance Water/Meth Stage 2. BDS Recoil Traction Bars.
    Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35's on 20 x 10 Fuel Vapors.

16. Likes Polaraco, MegaRam, nasty Longhorn liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

If some dude that self identifies as a woman was in the restroom with one of my daughters, I'd knock all his teeth out and tell him I self identify as the frickin tooth fairy. Maybe that's to harsh, but it's how I feel about.
    Or maybe next deer season I can shoot bucks and tag them with doe tags. Just tell the law that this buck really wanted to be a doe, but was born with a *****, and I didn't want to violate his civil rights by putting a buck tag on him/her.
    I think a restroom inconvenience should be expected for these people. Find one that really is for men and woman both and lock the door!
    A government legeslating the use of restrooms, is a government that's gone to far!

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast