Thanks Thanks:  1,458
Likes Likes:  2,874
Page 117 of 253 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 2524

Thread: RaceME Ultra Update and Upcoming RaceME Custom Tuning

1. Top Of Page | #1161

User Info Menu

Ok last question for now is Windows the best program to run these files in or is there s better one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #1162

User Info Menu

I'm gonna say windows yes, but I don't understand a mac period. I'd have to have my kids do stuff for me if I had a mac.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

3. Likes oneshotkyle liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #1163
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info. @Double R Diesel @my day
    Also I just did the update on a friend 2014 with 68RFE and the trans tune did not came out under RT?

5. Top Of Page | #1164

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TOMASRJR View Post
    Thanks for the info. @Double R Diesel @my day
    Also I just did the update on a friend 2014 with 68RFE and the trans tune did not came out under RT?
    Trans tuning is not a RT feature. Its only selected when when opt for the "added power with deletes" option under the ECM menu before you program your truck. You scroll down in option selections for the main programming and you will find trans tuning near the end.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, TOMASRJR thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, oneshotkyle liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #1165
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    Trans tuning is not a RT feature. Its only selected when when opt for the "added power with deletes" option under the ECM menu before you program your truck. You scroll down in option selections for the main programming and you will find trans tuning near the end.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    Thanks, so for the trans tune to get updated it needs to go back to stock and re-install? Or does it do it through the update by itself.

8. Top Of Page | #1166

User Info Menu

It basically did it in the program itself, unless you told it not to.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

9. Likes oneshotkyle liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #1167

User Info Menu

Thanks, so for the trans tune to get updated it needs to go back to stock and re-install? Or does it do it through the update by itself.
    For clarity for anyone that may ever read this, 3 groups of things must happen in order to get the benefits of a major Ultra update onto your truck. This includes anything different for the transmission and engine...

1. Download the update off the RaceME website. Unzip or extract the files off the download. Paste the unzippped or extracted files onto the Ultra's SD card.

2. Put the SD card back into the Ultra. Either unplug and then replug back in the Ultra from/to the OBD port... or turn the Ultra on either by touch or key on, and go to the update firmware menu to update the Ultra.
    Basically with either method, you must make the Ultra recognize the new files on the SD card and apply them into it's internal memory.

3. Finally go to the ECM Tuning/DTC menu...select ECM, then Customize Tuning. Then program your truck as you want.
    The point here is the truck must be reprogrammed in order to get the new files from the Ultra to your truck's ECM.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

11. Top Of Page | #1168
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    For clarity for anyone that may ever read this, 3 groups of things must happen in order to get the benefits of a major Ultra update onto your truck. This includes anything different for the transmission and engine...

1. Download the update off the RaceME website. Unzip or extract the files off the download. Paste the unzippped or extracted files onto the Ultra's SD card.

2. Put the SD card back into the Ultra. Either unplug and then replug back in the Ultra from/to the OBD port... or turn the Ultra on either by touch or key on, and go to the update firmware menu to update the Ultra.
    Basically with either method, you must make the Ultra recognize the new files on the SD card and apply them into it's internal memory.

3. Finally go to the ECM Tuning/DTC menu...select ECM, then Customize Tuning. Then program your truck as you want.
    The point here is the truck must be reprogrammed in order to get the new files from the Ultra to your truck's ECM.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    That clarifies it thanks, can't wait for custom tunes.

On another note, on 2014 how can I take the torque management and traction control fully off?
    I know the 68RFE dont like it but just as other options. Thanks again for ur responses.

12. Likes DRD, oneshotkyle liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #1169

User Info Menu

That clarifies it thanks, can't wait for custom tunes.

On another note, on 2014 how can I take the torque management and traction control fully off?
    I know the 68RFE dont like it but just as other options. Thanks again for ur responses.
    You can't fully turn it off with box tuning. We will see what we can do with Warp.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

14. Top Of Page | #1170

User Info Menu

This ma be a little off subject but here goes... when you are putting the EGR temp sensor on the truck can you drill the hole and place the sensor in the rear EGR cooler block-off plate?

15. Thanks oneshotkyle thanked for this post
    Likes oneshotkyle liked this post
Page 117 of 253 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast