Thanks Thanks:  118
Likes Likes:  207
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 falling on its face. Tune or fuel pressure relief valve?

1. Top Of Page | #41

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    I've got old downloads saved. I'll see if I can load one up to a sky drive.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    See guys this is why I like Ray! @Noneck Ray may be able to send you something until @Franz has the bug fixed.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DRD liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #42

User Info Menu

Actually mine may be in my recycle bin.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #43

User Info Menu

See if this works. This is a link to my one drive and hopefully it will give your the 10-14 Update.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir.aspx...Share&ref=name

I have never done this before myself, but I think what has to be done to revert backwards in updates is to backdate your Ultras firmware. Supposedly there is way on the " Update Firmware" menu to scroll up and backdate the firmware. I think the firmware has to reverted back far enough to make the Ultra think this old update is actually new...but I am not 100% sure about this. Now if this does work, this update does not have the full transmission tuning...only the increased line pressure option.

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #44

User Info Menu

Thanks Ray. I probably wont have any time until next week. I may just leave it and experiment a little more. Merry Christmas!

8. Likes DRD liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #45

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
    Thanks Ray. I probably wont have any time until next week. I may just leave it and experiment a little more. Merry Christmas!
    Merry Christmas to you as well!

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #46

User Info Menu

This is what my rail pressure does when I turn the key on and not start the truck yet.

12. Top Of Page | #47

User Info Menu

So I posted this on the cummins forum and DoubleRdiesel suggested In post it here. Here's my original posts.(Truck is deleted with RacemeUltra on 120hp tune all defaults and trans tuning.)
    Just had something weird happen. Been driving on this new tune for i guess 4 days now. I went to pull out into traffic pretty fast. Maybe half throttle. Truck took off fine and then I think hit second and fell completely on its face. It felt like it defueled totally or something. Fuel filters have about 400 miles on them so its not that. I let off and accelerated slowly and it hesitated and then drove ok. Next light.
    Someone suggested torque management kicked in which made sense.
    Then it happened again but this time I got a check engine light and error code for fuel pressure valve activated.
    I cleared code but haven't had a chance to drive it hard yet. Ray, I checked and am running default 1850 rail pressure. I changed gauges to monitor fuel pressure and I'm guessing if it a weak relief valve that I should be able to see my max fuel pressure and determine if it's in range or not? Assuming it is a weak valve and needs to be shimmed like Ray suggested, is there any harm shimming or am I safer just replacing the valve? I found a new OEM one on ebay for $160. Thoughts or input appreciated!
    So it's been almost 3 weeks and I haven't heard a thing on a fix for this. This isn't what I signed on for. I'm not particularly impressed at the moment. I understand not a lot of people are having this issue but still...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2013 Laramie 2500 CC. Warp tuning on RaceMe. 2 inch level w/35s.

13. Top Of Page | #48

User Info Menu

So it's been almost 3 weeks and I haven't heard a thing on a fix for this. This isn't what I signed on for. I'm not particularly impressed at the moment. I understand not a lot of people are having this issue but still...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    I'm still in the same boat as well, I did get a response from Franz that they are vacation until the 10th though.

14. Top Of Page | #49

User Info Menu

Just curious. Have you tried pushing the traction control button at a stop and then gunning it? If it's traction control related it should run fine for your first launch, right?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #50

User Info Menu

Yeah, tried traction control settings. Surfman I'm glad you got some info. Would have been nice to have that response from them. I've got to say, I bought the Raceme primarily because I saw Franzs involvement on the forums and saw that those that did have issues got great responses and remedies in a timely manner. Unfortunately that does not seem to be the case with my issue. To spend all the money I spent for a tuner and to have to live with a tuning issue for a month is not acceptable. I don't care if custom tuning is the priority right now as a canned tune will probably be all I ever run. My patience is wearing thin.

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast