Thanks Thanks:  118
Likes Likes:  207
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 falling on its face. Tune or fuel pressure relief valve?

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

on thing to note, mine is a 14

2. Thanks DRD, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Thanks for info fellas! This all helps Franz to pinpoint the issue.

The reason I ask of weather conditions and coolant temp is that there are specific rail pressure maps within the calibration file that are active under certain environmental conditions. Rail pressure could be changed based on ambient temp, coolant temp, and even altitude of operation.

Little info here on rail pressure unit conversion...
    1850 bar is roughly 26800 psi
    1900 bar is roughly 27500 psi
    2000 bar is roughly 29000 psi

Is obvious that you gents with the issues are hitting rail values above what your max is set for on the Ultra. So what could be happening...

Well OTF rail mapping is possible through the RAM of the PCM. What the Ultra probably does is tell the PCM to use rail pressure map X for 1850 bar, rail pressure map Y for 1900 bar, and rail pressure map Z for 2000 bar.

Here is my theory...

What if, for whatever reason, the PCM uses the rail pressure map for 2000 bar with a certain environmental condition...regardless what the Ultra is set for? 2000 bar could either pop a relief valve or go beyond the means of the rail sensor to monitor rail pressure, which would cause engine to fall off.

Just a theory...I most likely could be way wrong. @Franz

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

4. Thanks Surfman423, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TX NIGHT TRAIN View Post
    Did you save the previous download? Maybe reinstall that one and see if it fixes it? If not maybe @Franz can send it.
    I was thinking the same thing. I deleted the previous tune from my PC and SD card when I did the latest update.

6. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

Hi guys. Your issues sound exactly like what I had in my late build 2012. I installed a Smarty Jr with delete tuning in early 2013... An updated version fixed the problem. It something to do with traction control calibrations in some 2012's.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

7. Likes DRD liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

It definitely feels like my Challenger does when I have traction control on and mash it. I am somewhat relieved to see others having the same issues, even if it is just one person. It sort of didnt make sense to me when I first posted, that I was the only one having any issues, which led me down the hard parts path as well and was considering shimming the relief valve or buying a new one. I kept checking to see if my traction contol was lit but it never did.

9. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

Have you gotten any response back from Franz in the last 24 hours? I haven't heard anything from him...figured he was working on it. @Noneck

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

10. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

I hadn't heard anything other than him asking if my fuel filters had been changed and my lift pump was good so I emailed him this morning. He said the problem was only affecting a few people so it was hard to replicate so we would have to wait a week or two.

11. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

I haven't received anymore email responses from him either about it. He sent me a new .rmu file that updated me to version 1.27 but that didn't help either.

12. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

@Double R Diesel do you have a file you could send these guys? Maybe an unopened unit that hasn't been updated yet you could copy from?

13. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TX NIGHT TRAIN View Post
    @Double R Diesel do you have a file you could send these guys? Maybe an unopened unit that hasn't been updated yet you could copy from?
    I've got old downloads saved. I'll see if I can load one up to a sky drive.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast