Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bought the stuff, now what???

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

bought the stuff, now what???

Just ordered my tuner and new exhaust which should arrive this week sometime. I've been trying to read and look up on what steps it takes to delete my truck. I am planning on leaving the EGR and throttle valve on for now. I know I need to flash the truck ECM first before I start removing the exhaust. Is there anything I need to do to the EGR like unplugging it or should I just leave it alone. I bought the MM3 from DRD and I'm pretty sure Ray's tunes turn off the EGR. I guess does anyone have an instruction list on the steps it takes to do the deletes? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: bought the stuff, now what???

Program first then do the exhaust.

Join as a Lifetime Platinum Member Today

"The grass is greener where you water it"

3. Thanks cumminsdieselfreak thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsdieselfreak, walla2k5 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TW24COUGARS View Post
    Just ordered my tuner and new exhaust which should arrive this week sometime. I've been trying to read and look up on what steps it takes to delete my truck. I am planning on leaving the EGR and throttle valve on for now. I know I need to flash the truck ECM first before I start removing the exhaust. Is there anything I need to do to the EGR like unplugging it or should I just leave it alone. I bought the MM3 from DRD and I'm pretty sure Ray's tunes turn off the EGR. I guess does anyone have an instruction list on the steps it takes to do the deletes? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

I know it’s the raceme tuner but it will show you what plugs to unplug for the exhaust, egr, and throttle valve. Since the mm3 and raceme are pretty much the same it’s prob the same steps to tune the truck as well. I used this vid and everything worked out right for me I have the raceme ultra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Thanks TW24COUGARS thanked for this post
    Likes TW24COUGARS, walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

If you watch the video here's a few edits. Loosen and remove the tailpipe first. None of the sensors actually have to come out of the exhaust, just unplug them. The scr and DPF dont need to be separated.

7. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

There are tons of youtube videos to help you along the way with the install. Lots of people have done some great videos on this for ya.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Likes RamHunter18, walla2k5 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I talked with DRD this past week. You wont need to do anything under the hood on the EGR. They said to leave it alone.

Now with that being said, my truck a 2017. I don't know if that will make any difference with other year builds.

2006 2500 QC Laramie 5.9 (Sold in 2016). 2017 3500 DRW CC Laramie, Loaded. MM3 tuned by DRD. 4" SS by Jamo. 68REF, 4.10 Rears. (Sold). 2018 3500 DRW Longhorn CC AISIN 4.10's. On a good health care plan by DRD.

11. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I still always unplug everything that would be removed if you were to actually remove it from the engine. But it's not necessary

13. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I just bought My MM3, Clutch, exhaust. I’m looking as well to verify that I can keep the EGR intact and just disable it.

2017 Ram Laramie Megacab 2500, 8" Lift.

1999 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie. Lots of work done.

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by James Ruth View Post
    I just bought My MM3, Clutch, exhaust. I’m looking as well to verify that I can keep the EGR intact and just disable it.
    I emailed DRD last week with the same question on the EGR. I was told that you can leave it intact and do not need to unplug everything. I know there are some that will unplug the stuff. Im sure another member will jump on here and give some more advice on it. I just ordered last week and have not had a chance to do any work on my truck yet due to weather.

2006 2500 QC Laramie 5.9 (Sold in 2016). 2017 3500 DRW CC Laramie, Loaded. MM3 tuned by DRD. 4" SS by Jamo. 68REF, 4.10 Rears. (Sold). 2018 3500 DRW Longhorn CC AISIN 4.10's. On a good health care plan by DRD.

17. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by northstarfire0693 View Post
    I emailed DRD last week with the same question on the EGR. I was told that you can leave it intact and do not need to unplug everything. I know there are some that will unplug the stuff. Im sure another member will jump on here and give some more advice on it. I just ordered last week and have not had a chance to do any work on my truck yet due to weather.
    Yea I just did mine and I unplugged it but I went with the raceme b/c I got it as a package deal so I don’t have custom tunes so they may be able to tune it all out but it’s literally like 3 plugs under the hood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast