Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  51
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dead truck

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Dead truck

Ok, so I need some thoughts from you all please. So I go out this morning to go to work, truck is parked outside with MM3 plugged in. It’s 25 degrees out. I open the door and no dome light. First thing I think of is batteries dead from leaving tuner plugged in. I get charger out through it on rapid charge, turn lights on and nothing! Now I’m scratching my head. So I put it on trickle charge all day, I come home 9hrs later, open the door and turn on the lights and still nothing!!!! WTH.... I pull cables off and check the batteries and both have 12.66V and 977/988CCA. I hook batteries back up and it’s like nothing was even wrong, started right up, no codes and no lights.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated as I don’t want to get stranded with a bunch of D-MAX AND STROKER LOVERS. LOL.

THANKS MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 RAM 2500, MM3/DRD, 625 ARP Studs, RevMax VB

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Dead truck

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxonsram View Post
    Ok, so I need some thoughts from you all please. So I go out this morning to go to work, truck is parked outside with MM3 plugged in. It’s 25 degrees out. I open the door and no dome light. First thing I think of is batteries dead from leaving tuner plugged in. I get charger out through it on rapid charge, turn lights on and nothing! Now I’m scratching my head. So I put it on trickle charge all day, I come home 9hrs later, open the door and turn on the lights and still nothing!!!! WTH.... I pull cables off and check the batteries and both have 12.66V and 977/988CCA. I hook batteries back up and it’s like nothing was even wrong, started right up, no codes and no lights.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated as I don’t want to get stranded with a bunch of D-MAX AND STROKER LOVERS. LOL.

THANKS MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS.

Sounds like your cables wasn’t making good contact in the first place and when you pulled them off and put them back on it worked.
    Glad you got your truck running friend.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

3. Thanks Jaxonsram thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Sounds like your cables wasn’t making good contact in the first place and when you pulled them off and put them back on it worked.
    Glad you got your truck running friend.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....
    Thanks friend
    And those were my thoughts also! The only thing is I did check all the connections before I pulled the cables to check the batteries. I surely hope that was the case as I just despise electrical problems. URRRRRR LOL.

5. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

X2 on that.

pull them again,
    fully charge the batteries,
    clean the cables and post,
    reconnect,
    Vaseline them or get that sealant for protection.

A very common problem yet the most over looked.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    X2 on that.

pull them again,
    fully charge the batteries,
    clean the cables and post,
    reconnect,
    Vaseline them or get that sealant for protection.

A very common problem yet the most over looked.
    Will do on this my friend! That’s tomorrow project while boiling sap. One more thing that I found was a little funny. The dome and cargo light would work with the switch’s but not by opening the doors.

8. Top Of Page | #6
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Isn't there a rolling switch on the panel that handles that ?

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Isn't there a rolling switch on the panel that handles that ?
    Yup there is and when you roll it to the right full it turned on some light. And a push button for the cargo light and when pushed it would activate. Only two lights that I could get to work. There was a little red light on at one point in the far lower right corner of gauge cluster.

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

It was also brought to my attention by Mr. Ray! that it may be a control module. That should be a real treat to find! LOL

11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Did you check the batteries prior to hooking up the battery charger?

Only thing I can think of is you had a bad connection with the battery terminals. Ive seen them just randomly have a bad connection before on numerous different cars and trucks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

12. Thanks Jaxonsram thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

LOL forgot to scroll down to see response before responding

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast