Thanks Thanks:  27
Likes Likes:  50
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 2nd Gen. Swab Stainless diesel and DRD

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2012 2nd Gen. Swab Stainless diesel and DRD

All this all started out with a sticking VGT so I got a 465 second gin swap kit from stainless diesel and Ray at DRD a B&D exhaust brake with factory switch harness And a RevMax valve body Did the update to the new firmware on my MM3 and still waiting on new tunes from ray With all of the extra parts from the exhaust brake I did not want to install it down by the transmission so I decided to install it on the downpipe just after the Turbo which made it a real pain in the butt to get the exhaust on And I did not want to put the compressor inside the Fender well so I located the compressor where the original air Box went so I had to do some figuring out the piping for the air filter and relief valve.

Most everything installed fairly easily but the exhaust turns into the biggest problem but I'm just about there.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

2. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2012 2nd Gen. Swab Stainless diesel and DRD

I will post pictures of the exhaust soon I had to use about a 6" piece of flex pipe.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I had to pull the 1st Turbo from stainless diesel off and order a new one from Ray. What a great guy and fast response. All of our prayers are with all of the Carolinas and Ray and his family.

Had a slight problem with the 1st Turbo. Could you imagine having two of these babies on there?

6. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

O my gosh I pulled the turbo off again And switching to a T100 housing from the 90.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, Jaxonsram thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flanagan View Post
    O my gosh I pulled the turbo off again And switching to a T100 housing from the 90.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...3f91eb8f4a.jpg

Man buddy!! I wish I had have your patience. I’m thinking this second gen swap mite be a bit much for my little mind. ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 RAM 2500, MM3/DRD, 625 ARP Studs, RevMax VB

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxonsram View Post
    Man buddy!! I wish I had have your patience. I’m thinking this second gen swap mite be a bit much for my little mind. ???

Well after several months and 5000 miles I have not had to bother Ray at D R D

The truck has tons of power I just have to be careful and watch my exhaust gas temperatures transmission shifts great with the rev Max valve body pulling the steep hills I could go way faster but the e.g. T's climb too high but still able to hold speed limit and control them...

12. Thanks Jaxonsram thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

We also heard that Ray had to eat the whole bill from Stainless Diesel on the old turbo.

That's not right in our book!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    We also heard that Ray had to eat the whole bill from Stainless Diesel on the old turbo.

That's not right in our book!
    That is correct. We ate a little over a grand on a replacement turbo for Flanagan. We made several attempts to talk with Stainless Diesel concerning some sort of compensation for a warranty agreement but got no return call or email response. I truly hate it to say what I'm about to say because the folks at Stainless Diesel make good products and are friendly people to talk to. However, I care not to sell their products personally any more due to this. If you wish to purchase a Stainless Diesel product, contact Stainless Diesel directly. We can't afford to eat 1000 dollars or more getting a replacement for the customer when a turbo fails shortly out of the box.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    That is correct. We ate a little over a grand on a replacement turbo for Flanagan. We made several attempts to talk with Stainless Diesel concerning some sort of compensation for a warranty agreement but got no return call or email response. I truly hate it to say what I'm about to say because the folks at Stainless Diesel make good products and are friendly people to talk to. However, I care not to sell their products personally any more due to this. If you wish to purchase a Stainless Diesel product, contact Stainless Diesel directly. We can't afford to eat 1000 dollars or more getting a replacement for the customer when a turbo fails shortly out of the box.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    That is truly sad as we pay them to advertise for us and we will be contacting them over this issue.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

17. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Jaxonsram liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Thank you, Ray, for letting us know. Definitely not the best thing to hear but now we all know.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

19. Likes watersupply189, Jaxonsram liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast