Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: ...that much power...??

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

...that much power...??

Hey guys,

this' Daniel from good ol' Germay. Got a '05 Cummins CR 3500 Dually 4x4 NV5600.
    Present mods r smarty s06 Pod....that's it! Rest is bone stock...
    Im running on setting SW5 tq2 tm3 rp0. (adds 90hp) Does anybody else run that Setup?

Rolln' coa if I want and wayyyy too much Power. Thinkin' 'bout what else is possible with higher Settings but i'm scrared 'bout healthyness of my Cummins.

On dry road in 4th gear the double twins r screaming, on wet roads it's better to take care even u r in 6th gear....

Is it still a "mild" Setting, driveable DD with no concerns on the motor if u r not hitting the gas like an idiot, or would u prefer lower permanent Setting..

by the way, apologise if my grammatics r horrible

regards from Europe

2. Likes david3gen, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: ...that much power...??

SW5 is ok if you're not pulling heavy, hard, if you not leaving the light like at the race track. I run this.
    The weak points are the trans, (you should be ok), and the rear end. If you cranking it on most the time, beef them up.
    The motor will handle the setting if you keep the maintenance up to par. Stock is for DD and pulling, not for the race track, plenty of mods more for that.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes david3gen, walla2k5, Polaraco liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    SW5 is ok if you're not pulling heavy, hard, if you not leaving the light like at the race track. I run this.
    The weak points are the trans, (you should be ok), and the rear end. If you cranking it on most the time, beef them up.
    The motor will handle the setting if you keep the maintenance up to par. Stock is for DD and pulling, not for the race track, plenty of mods more for that.
    What the old coot said. The other things to look ar are the head studs. Our Friend @Dude's Diesel Performance ought to fix you up

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    What the old coot said. The other things to look ar are the head studs. Our Friend @Dude's Diesel Performance ought to fix you up

Thank you Mr. Steve!

Yes sir ill be more then happy to fix ya up with what you need.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Thank you Mr. Steve!

Yes sir ill be more then happy to fix ya up with what you need.
    Money talks LOL

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC