Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  17
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TPMS

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: TPMS

I would post a link to a thread but that thread is on another forum. The current state of doing this is that Dodge/Ram dealers no longer have the ability to do this, even if they want to and no matter what printed out directions you give to the tech. Ram recently updated the Witech unit that service techs use and Ram took away the ability to change the TPMS levels. So no a dealer cannot do it. I pasted below a post I made in this other thread. There is some extra info in it, some portions of my post should answer most questions. Hope it helps:

Actually no you cannot go to a dealer. I too dreaded reading through this whole thread but decided I might as well. Since there have been other members here looking for a summary of what this long thread is about I have attempted to summarize in "cliff" notes the progression of what happened:

1) There WERE (notice past tense) some dealers (like INDY) who were in the know and would accommodate you and change the TPMS levels using their Dodge programmer called a WITECH

2) There were some dealers who had no clue on how to do the TPMS mod BUT would listen to your request and attempt to do it . This is where you will read in the thread about printing the "how to" directions and giving it to the service writer or the actual tech who would change the TPMS levels

3) And there was a third group of dealers who would just flat out NOT do it. This group would cite FCA policy; EPA regulations; legal concerns;etc, etc., and not do anything but show you the door.

4) Facing the three possible outcomes outlined above that you could face in trying to get your TPMS levels changed, the thread first started to identify dealers who were in either group #1 OR in group #2 above and thus avoid the dealers in #3 . This was not easy, there were few and far between the dealers who were in these groups #1 & #2 . Most dealers fell in group #3

5) If finding a dealer who was in group #1 or #2 above wasn't hard enough, FCA took matters into its own hands, probably because they realized that some dealers were accommodating this mod. FCA pushed out an update to the WITECH programmer that the dealers use which took away a dealer's ability to change the TPMS levels. Now, NO Dodge dealer can change the TPMS levels. Does not matter if they are in groups #1 and #2 or what printed out directions you attempt to give them.

6) Due to the results noted in #4 and #5 above, a programmer was sought that could change the TPMS WITHOUT going to the dealer, especially since now even a dealer who wanted to help could no longer due to the changes FCA pushed out to the WITECH programmer. This search was successful in finding a programmer (non-dealer) called an AUTEL which was found to have the capability to change the TPMS. BUT the Autel is on the expensive side.

7) This is where the great community here stepped up. Some members here bought, out of their own pocket, the Autel (over $1k). They rent it out to members here, along with directions, on how to change your TPMS levels. In this thread the members who rent the AUTEL out are listed and their geographical location. Each has a waiting list of members here waiting their turn to rent it and make the changes.

8) Sounds all good? No. The next roadblock came up this last month when AUTEL (they are not affiliated with FCA) for reasons not completely understood pushed out an update for their programmer. THIS UPDATE TO THE AUTEL NOW TOOK AWAY THE ABILITY TO CHANGE THE TPMS LEVELS. Which is where we are at now. The latest word as I write this is that Autel is aware of this and will PROBABLY send another update out to the Autel programmer in the near future that will return the capability to change the TPMS.

So going to a dealer is of no use* and we all have to wait for the update to the AUTEL so the rest of us on those waiting lists can proceed.

***you do need your truck's four digit PIN number. Get it from the Dodge parts dept by giving them your VIN. The 4-digit code (all numbers) that is used to program the key (fobik) to the truck. This is the one you need for this process.

(My apologies to those here who are way more knowledgeable about this than me like 4x4x4door and BPMPVET. If I misspoke please let me know and I will make whatever corrections need to be made. I just thought a "go to post" would help members who just join in this discussion)

2. Thanks Muskiebri thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, Muskiebri, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Good info @SA6175, from my understanding this is all true due to liability. But they *CAN* still set the parameters lower. They can't go lower, but *CAN* go higher!

Make sure to like us on Facebook!
    Want a good daily dose of custom trucks? Check our Instagram!
    We sell wheels& tires, lift kits, custom lighting, grills, light bars and more! Right Here!

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CustomOffsets View Post
    Good info @SA6175, from my understanding this is all true due to liability. But they *CAN* still set the parameters lower. They can't go lower, but *CAN* go higher!
    FCA took away the dealers ability to change the TPMS with the recent updates to the WITECH service device the Ram dealer techs use. Like you said, FCA did this because they became aware that there was a way to lower the TPMS using the WITECH. The method was not well known but word got around and Ram owners were printing off the directions to give to dealers that were willing to accomodate the change. But all of that went away after FCA's update to the WITECH. There are 2 "aftermarket" units that can be used. One is the AUTEL which I mentioned in the post I pasted above. If anyone wants to read more about this please PM me and I will provide a link to the thread through PM.

Also note that as of now the aftermarket programmer AUTEL (NOT THE RAM DEALER'S WITECH) has been updated once again and is reported to be able to change the TPMS levels.

5. Thanks Muskiebri thanked for this post
    Likes Muskiebri, walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SA6175 View Post
    FCA took away the dealers ability to change the TPMS with the recent updates to the WITECH service device the Ram dealer techs use. Like you said, FCA did this because they became aware that there was a way to lower the TPMS using the WITECH. The method was not well known but word got around and Ram owners were printing off the directions to give to dealers that were willing to accomodate the change. But all of that went away after FCA's update to the WITECH. There are 2 "aftermarket" units that can be used. One is the AUTEL which I mentioned in the post I pasted above. If anyone wants to read more about this please PM me and I will provide a link to the thread through PM.

Also note that as of now the aftermarket programmer AUTEL (NOT THE RAM DEALER'S WITECH) has been updated once again and is reported to be able to change the TPMS levels.

Good info my dude!

Make sure to like us on Facebook!
    Want a good daily dose of custom trucks? Check our Instagram!
    We sell wheels& tires, lift kits, custom lighting, grills, light bars and more! Right Here!

7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I would post a link to a thread but that thread is on another forum. The current state of doing this is that Dodge/Ram dealers no longer have the ability to do this, even if they want to and no matter what printed out directions you give to the tech. Ram recently updated the Witech unit that service techs use and Ram took away the ability to change the TPMS levels. So no a dealer cannot do it. I pasted below a post I made in this other thread. There is some extra info in it, some portions of my post should answer most questions. Hope it helps:

Actually no you cannot go to a dealer. I too dreaded reading through this whole thread but decided I might as well. Since there have been other members here looking for a summary of what this long thread is about I have attempted to summarize in "cliff" notes the progression of what happened:

1) There WERE (notice past tense) some dealers (like INDY) who were in the know and would accommodate you and change the TPMS levels using their Dodge programmer called a WITECH

2) There were some dealers who had no clue on how to do the TPMS mod BUT would listen to your request and attempt to do it . This is where you will read in the thread about printing the "how to" directions and giving it to the service writer or the actual tech who would change the TPMS levels

3) And there was a third group of dealers who would just flat out NOT do it. This group would cite FCA policy; EPA regulations; legal concerns;etc, etc., and not do anything but show you the door.

4) Facing the three possible outcomes outlined above that you could face in trying to get your TPMS levels changed, the thread first started to identify dealers who were in either group #1 OR in group #2 above and thus avoid the dealers in #3 . This was not easy, there were few and far between the dealers who were in these groups #1 & #2 . Most dealers fell in group #3

5) If finding a dealer who was in group #1 or #2 above wasn't hard enough, FCA took matters into its own hands, probably because they realized that some dealers were accommodating this mod. FCA pushed out an update to the WITECH programmer that the dealers use which took away a dealer's ability to change the TPMS levels. Now, NO Dodge dealer can change the TPMS levels. Does not matter if they are in groups #1 and #2 or what printed out directions you attempt to give them.

6) Due to the results noted in #4 and #5 above, a programmer was sought that could change the TPMS WITHOUT going to the dealer, especially since now even a dealer who wanted to help could no longer due to the changes FCA pushed out to the WITECH programmer. This search was successful in finding a programmer (non-dealer) called an AUTEL which was found to have the capability to change the TPMS. BUT the Autel is on the expensive side.

7) This is where the great community here stepped up. Some members here bought, out of their own pocket, the Autel (over $1k). They rent it out to members here, along with directions, on how to change your TPMS levels. In this thread the members who rent the AUTEL out are listed and their geographical location. Each has a waiting list of members here waiting their turn to rent it and make the changes.

8) Sounds all good? No. The next roadblock came up this last month when AUTEL (they are not affiliated with FCA) for reasons not completely understood pushed out an update for their programmer. THIS UPDATE TO THE AUTEL NOW TOOK AWAY THE ABILITY TO CHANGE THE TPMS LEVELS. Which is where we are at now. The latest word as I write this is that Autel is aware of this and will PROBABLY send another update out to the Autel programmer in the near future that will return the capability to change the TPMS.

So going to a dealer is of no use* and we all have to wait for the update to the AUTEL so the rest of us on those waiting lists can proceed.

***you do need your truck's four digit PIN number. Get it from the Dodge parts dept by giving them your VIN. The 4-digit code (all numbers) that is used to program the key (fobik) to the truck. This is the one you need for this process.

(My apologies to those here who are way more knowledgeable about this than me like 4x4x4door and BPMPVET. If I misspoke please let me know and I will make whatever corrections need to be made. I just thought a "go to post" would help members who just join in this discussion)
    Thanks for the info bud really appreciate it

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

There are 2 "aftermarket" units that can be used. One is the AUTEL which I mentioned in the post I pasted above. If anyone wants to read more about this please PM me and I will provide a link to the thread through PM.

Hello SA6175. Sent you a PM. I'd like to read more and get on the list to rent the Autel to change my TPMS levels. Thanks, Brian

2014 Laramie 2500 CCSB - DRD MM3 Tuning, H&S SX-E 66mm Turbo Kit (DRD Giveaway #2), RevMax VB, Goerend Low Stall Converter & Billet Input Shaft, CA625 Head Studs, Custom Offsets MKW M95 Wheels, Nitto 11.5x35-R20 Ridge Grapplers, Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrapped Rockers, Wrapped Bumpers & Grille, Thuren Springs & Swaybar, Phantom Sun Light Bar, Westin Rear Booster Pods, Retroshop HIDs & Fogs & Backup LEDs, Wireless Air Lift 5000, Flo-Pro 4" SST Exhaust, FTEDiesel 30" resonator, AMP Bed Step, Rebadged, Truxport Tonneau, Undercoated, Alpine Sub & Amp, and more. Matt 22:37, Proverbs 16:24

9. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

There's a ton of talk about how to turn off the TPMS light on the web. It's relatively easy to do now using an Autel scan tool and software version 7.52. It takes about 10-15 min to do it from what I'm told.

There are lists of people on the web that own these tools and are willing to ship them around for others to rent. I'm thinking about picking up an AUTEL, and would be willing to ship it to whoever wants it.

I called AUTEL this morning to find out which tools I should be considering for purchase. They connected me to someone that is familiar with our quest to reset TPMS thresholds. They recommended either the MaxiSYS MS906TS (which they called "the most powerful full-featured TPMS scan and reset tool") or the MaxiTPMS TS601TP. A few other models will work too. But there's probably a number of us that only want to get rid of the TPMS light and don't need all the features of the MS906TS. You can get a TS601TP for $495 on Amazon. I spent A LOT of money pimping my ride in March, so I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do yet. Just wanted to pass this info along for now. Thanks, Brian

MaxiSYS MS906TS: $1,150 on Amazon
    MaxiTPMS TS601: $495 on Amazon

http://www.maxitpms.com/tpmscms/product/667.jhtml
    http://www.maxitpms.com/tpmscms/product/648.jhtml

https://www.amazon.com/Autel-TS601-M...MaxiTPMS+TS601

2014 Laramie 2500 CCSB - DRD MM3 Tuning, H&S SX-E 66mm Turbo Kit (DRD Giveaway #2), RevMax VB, Goerend Low Stall Converter & Billet Input Shaft, CA625 Head Studs, Custom Offsets MKW M95 Wheels, Nitto 11.5x35-R20 Ridge Grapplers, Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrapped Rockers, Wrapped Bumpers & Grille, Thuren Springs & Swaybar, Phantom Sun Light Bar, Westin Rear Booster Pods, Retroshop HIDs & Fogs & Backup LEDs, Wireless Air Lift 5000, Flo-Pro 4" SST Exhaust, FTEDiesel 30" resonator, AMP Bed Step, Rebadged, Truxport Tonneau, Undercoated, Alpine Sub & Amp, and more. Matt 22:37, Proverbs 16:24

10. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Muskiebri View Post
    There's a ton of talk about how to turn off the TPMS light on the web. It's relatively easy to do now using an Autel scan tool and software version 7.52. It takes about 10-15 min to do it from what I'm told.

There are lists of people on the web that own these tools and are willing to ship them around for others to rent. I'm thinking about picking up an AUTEL, and would be willing to ship it to whoever wants it.

I called AUTEL this morning to find out which tools I should be considering for purchase. They connected me to someone that is familiar with our quest to reset TPMS thresholds. They recommended either the MaxiSYS MS906TS (which they called "the most powerful full-featured TPMS scan and reset tool") or the MaxiTPMS TS601TP. A few other models will work too. But there's probably a number of us that only want to get rid of the TPMS light and don't need all the features of the MS906TS. You can get a TS601TP for $495 on Amazon. I spent A LOT of money pimping my ride in March, so I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do yet. Just wanted to pass this info along for now. Thanks, Brian

MaxiSYS MS906TS: $1,150 on Amazon
    MaxiTPMS TS601: $495 on Amazon

http://www.maxitpms.com/tpmscms/product/667.jhtml
    http://www.maxitpms.com/tpmscms/product/648.jhtml

https://www.amazon.com/Autel-TS601-M...MaxiTPMS+TS601
    The RFH needs to be reset as well as just resetting the TPMS. I don't think the TS601 will reset the RFH, so you still might need another scan tool to do that. I'll look into it some more and provide an update.

11. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Muskiebri View Post
    The RFH needs to be reset as well as just resetting the TPMS. I don't think the TS601 will reset the RFH, so you still might need another scan tool to do that. I'll look into it some more and provide an update.
    Confirmed,,, the TS601 lacks the capability to reset the wireless hub

12. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Well I was glad I had mine done a while ago lowering the threshold to 60 psi all around. Now that I'm about to go to 35x12.50 r18 I was gonnanlower again to 40 psi and keep them at 45. Is there anyone in the DelMarVa area that can assist me. Do we have a list of retailers or ships that can and are willing to accommodate us.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast