Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Hearing question

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Hearing question

Hey guys I'm new to the forum and I do not know much technically about trucks. I am lifting my truck 6" and was wondering if I would need to change my gearing if I put 37's on it. I believe I have 3.73 gearing right now. Thank you all for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Hearing question

@CustomOffsets do you know the answer ?

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Gordonwinn91 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Gordonwinn91 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

37s with 3:73 can't be any worse than 35s with 3:42s which plenty of us are running . Your gears aren't ideal for 37s but it's not mandatory to change them. You'll notice it's a little sluggish off the line but that's about it.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

2013 Laramie 2500 CC. Warp tuning on RaceMe. 2 inch level w/35s.

6. Thanks Gordonwinn91 thanked for this post
    Likes Snow Dodge liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

35s on 3.42s is actually REALLY hard on the transmission, more so if you drive with a heavy foot. 37s on 3.73s would likely carry the same logic, but you'd need to do the math on it.

I'd suggest a regear to 3.83 or 4.10 to be on the safer side.

Could you do it without a regear, yes. Will it be fine, yes as long as you be mindful of your right foot.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

8. Thanks Gordonwinn91 thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thank you guys for the input. My lift, wheels, and tires are put on hold. Have to rebuild my transmission. It's getting pretty bad, slipping quite a bit, and does not smell good. It's a bummer but has to be done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post