Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wheel Weights

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Wheel Weights

So 1oz wheel weights don't clear the brake calipers when affixed to a 17" wheel. A local shop was generous enough to give me 2oz of low profile weights, BUT, they are all 1/4oz.

My question is, how would one place these weights to maintain as close as possible for balance? See picture of current weights.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Wheel Weights

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

@CustomOffsets can ya help ?

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Thanks RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    @CustomOffsets can ya help ?

Thanks for tagging them, I figured I wouldn't bother them with trivial things, they took care of me with this wheel and tire situation. I also think they might be gone for the day too, so I might have to wing it LOL

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

The only thing I could suggest was getting them as close together and in a line closest to the place indicated. But that is a lot of pieces for this.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    The only thing I could suggest was getting them as close together and in a line closest to the place indicated. But that is a lot of pieces for this.
    That's what one of my friends suggested as well. Just center up the 1/4 oz strip where the other weights were. So that's what I ended up doing. I'll be switching over to balance beads in a few weeks so it's not a huge concern.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

How about centramatic balancers? I have heard good things about these and am planning to try them myself but have not used them. not sure if I can post the link but google it.

10. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
    How about centramatic balancers? I have heard good things about these and am planning to try them myself but have not used them. not sure if I can post the link but google it.
    According to the website, their "permanent" solution is only for class 8 vehicles. It looks interesting, I'll need to watch some of their videos cause I don't really understand how a static object can balance tires for the life of the tire.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    According to the website, their "permanent" solution is only for class 8 vehicles. It looks interesting, I'll need to watch some of their videos cause I don't really understand how a static object can balance tires for the life of the tire.
    They make them for 3/4 and 1 Ton Trucks http://www.centramatic.com/wheel-bal...Number=300-318 Some guys on other forums have used them, I had never heard of them until just recently and have always had problems with wheel balance on my 1500 so I thought these would be perfect. There are videos on their website about how these work, There are round metal weights in an oil at the perimeter that move into position as the wheel and tire rotate so it is not static. It basically balances the assembly including the brake rotor whenever the assembly starts rotating. For $200 per set of 4 the cost is not much more than the cost of balancing a set of tires.

13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Interesting. That's pretty slick stuff, id like to see how these perform in relation to balance beads

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast