Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Same Question, 4 Answers

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    I'm not the expert on EFI, but I have been keeping my ear to the ground on it. Unfortunately, I can't use EFI on my 03. Last I heard though, the switch was available preorder only. @Double R Diesel can answer that better.

I just want to embellish on what Wildman said. You will get GREAT results if you upgrade the turbo with the 50's. But stay with a single turbo.

Yes it will run a bit hotter. I actually benefit in the winter because the truck warms up faster. But the boys can keep those EGT's in check for you.

If you stick with this plan, that truck will rock!

I have +50's. Since I went to the Smarty, I have to admit it's using them for what they were put in there for. Can't wait for the UDC to be done.

By the way, there is one PO'd Mex out there. He was egging me on to run him today. And for the first few seconds, I saw the letter Accura and his head back laughing at me. But then I hit 2nd gear. C ya
    Grumps was street racing?!?!?! Yup speed limiter getting set to 30 mph on your truck lmao!!!

As for the dsp5 switch. I've seen them online for sale, and I know of one 06 that has it working installed...

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, fourteen thanked for this post
    Likes fourteen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd@doublerdiesel View Post
    Grumps was street racing?!?!?! Yup speed limiter getting set to 30 mph on your truck lmao!!!

As for the dsp5 switch. I've seen them online for sale, and I know of one 06 that has it working installed...
    Guess I better clean my ears huh? LOL

What speed limiter? At a glance, I saw 105 and locked. I sat at the next light and waited. He came up behind me and fingered me. LOL Too bad my truck doesn't smoke.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Guess I better clean my ears huh? LOL

What speed limiter? At a glance, I saw 105 and locked. I sat at the next light and waited. He came up behind me and fingered me. LOL Too bad my truck doesn't smoke.
    It's always a fun sight when they are mad they got made a fool by something twice their size

5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

The point is here @fourteen , I'm not built for speed. And I kicked ***.

See I went for MPG. With that brought plenty of power. if you work the torque side, the HP will come.

That's what EFI is all about

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Thanks fourteen thanked for this post
    Likes fourteen liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The point is here @fourteen , I'm not built for speed. And I kicked ***.

See I went for MPG. With that brought plenty of power. if you work the torque side, the HP will come.

That's what EFI is all about
    I actually get my best mileage, 21 -22 mpg running my hottest performance tune I ran at the 1/4 track.

8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I'm not the expert on EFI, but I have been keeping my ear to the ground on it. Unfortunately, I can't use EFI on my 03. Last I heard though, the switch was available preorder only. @Double R Diesel can answer that better.

I just want to embellish on what Wildman said. You will get GREAT results if you upgrade the turbo with the 50's. But stay with a single turbo.

Yes it will run a bit hotter. I actually benefit in the winter because the truck warms up faster. But the boys can keep those EGT's in check for you.

If you stick with this plan, that truck will rock!

I have +50's. Since I went to the Smarty, I have to admit it's using them for what they were put in there for. Can't wait for the UDC to be done.

By the way, there is one PO'd Mex out there. He was egging me on to run him today. And for the first few seconds, I saw the letter Accura and his head back laughing at me. But then I hit 2nd gear. C ya
    Just a little confused on the "Yes it will run a bit hotter." Upgrade turbo with 50s? Maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

9. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fourteen View Post
    Just a little confused on the "Yes it will run a bit hotter." Upgrade turbo with 50s? Maybe I'm misunderstanding something.
    Hard to explain the science of the hotter. Maybe Drew can. I'm in a mental fry right now.

Not to worry. We're not proposing anything that will do any harm. Except driver inflicted with the new power. LOL

I tend to operate on the practical and conservative side. I've seen guys do what you were talking about with the 90's and sorry they did it. Just an old man's wisdom at work. LOL

10. Thanks fourteen thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #18
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fourteen View Post
    With upgrading injectors but nothing else your adding more fuel to burn so EGTs will be a bit higher than your used to seeing. unless your right foot is very heavy, it's not enough of a raise in temps to cause any harm. With the 50 nozzles you open a few more options on upgrading the turbo. You don't Have to, but you can. The 50's will work great with stock clear up to 66mm. I know alot of guys happy with that combo. Goes back to my post about building in stages. If you want to and can upgrade turbo down the road, you have plenty of fuel to support it. But it's safe to run the stock turbo until you can, or if you chose to keep stock

12. Thanks fourteen thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd@doublerdiesel View Post
    With upgrading injectors but nothing else your adding more fuel to burn so EGTs will be a bit higher than your used to seeing. unless your right foot is very heavy, it's not enough of a raise in temps to cause any harm. With the 50 nozzles you open a few more options on upgrading the turbo. You don't Have to, but you can. The 50's will work great with stock clear up to 66mm. I know alot of guys happy with that combo. Goes back to my post about building in stages. If you want to and can upgrade turbo down the road, you have plenty of fuel to support it. But it's safe to run the stock turbo until you can, or if you chose to keep stock
    Thanks Drew. . . Brain farts

I upgraded from a 341 to a 351. The combo worked fine. Now I am looking to put a billet wheel in my turbo which will give more volume. It's not the pressure you want, it's the volume of air. Pressure is equated to volume. The higher the pressure the more volume. So lets say a stock turbo is giving you 10 Cu Ft of air per second at 6 PSI. The billet may deliver 12 Cu Ft per second. The higher the pressure the more air. People stare at their boost gauges and say YUP Uh Uh I got 30 PSI. But how much volume? That's why opening up the the air flow to the intake is so important. The next trick is to fill it up. But doing that now, you'll see your turbo spool up a bit faster. You have a 351 in your truck.

A Pusher air horn for 200 bucks makes a world of difference. Unlike the 6.7, the grid heater is not a problem. www.truckwurx.com has the pusher. I wrote instructions on the install in the How too section.

I gotta ask, How handy are you? Can you do this stuff yourself?

Drew, a cloud of brown stuff puff out of my ear. LOL

14. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Thanks Drew. . . Brain farts

I upgraded from a 341 to a 351. The combo worked fine. Now I am looking to put a billet wheel in my turbo which will give more volume. It's not the pressure you want, it's the volume of air. Pressure is equated to volume. The higher the pressure the more volume. So lets say a stock turbo is giving you 10 Cu Ft of air per second at 6 PSI. The billet may deliver 12 Cu Ft per second. The higher the pressure the more air. People stare at their boost gauges and say YUP Uh Uh I got 30 PSI. But how much volume? That's why opening up the the air flow to the intake is so important. The next trick is to fill it up. But doing that now, you'll see your turbo spool up a bit faster. You have a 351 in your truck.

A Pusher air horn for 200 bucks makes a world of difference. Unlike the 6.7, the grid heater is not a problem. www.truckwurx.com has the pusher. I wrote instructions on the install in the How too section.

I gotta ask, How handy are you? Can you do this stuff yourself?

Drew, a cloud of brown stuff puff out of my ear. LOL
    I do all my own work if I can.

'06 3500 SRW LWB
    G56 Valair DD
    90HP Dynomite Injs.
    Cat. Removed
    Wallet Empty
    AutoMeter Pyro.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast