Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stock clutch on 37s

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Stock clutch on 37s

So I've searched and haven't found it brought up so either its not an issue or i don't know how to word my searches. Anyways would the stock G56 clutch hold up fine to 37 inch tires. I can't see how it would make much of a difference but i figured i would ask here first. Also would anyone really reccomend changing gear ratio to offset the low end loss from the 37s. I have no desire to go above 37s and plan to do a 6inch bds 4 link kit unless someone sells me on the basic 6inch lift.

Thanks in advance on a very noob question

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Stock clutch on 37s

Quote Originally Posted by Manson0187 View Post
    So I've searched and haven't found it brought up so either its not an issue or i don't know how to word my searches. Anyways would the stock G56 clutch hold up fine to 37 inch tires. I can't see how it would make much of a difference but i figured i would ask here first. Also would anyone really reccomend changing gear ratio to offset the low end loss from the 37s. I have no desire to go above 37s and plan to do a 6inch bds 4 link kit unless someone sells me on the basic 6inch lift.

37’s change a lot when it comes to these trucks. Anything over 35’s I would recommend a gear change for best overall performance and just plain better driving experience.

Will the truck do it? Yes. Will you get tired of how doggy it feels after awhile? More then likely yes.

When you regear, the truck, it will feel peppy just like it was when it was stock but look much better and keep you much happier.

As far as the clutch that all depends on how you drive but in my experience it’s something you will want to upgrade.

I’ll be more then happy to help you out with that bds lift if you’d like. I’ll shoot you a message.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Likes david3gen liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

You're going to want a new clutch for sure. You're going to have to baby it with the stocker. I second a regear at some point, but clutch would be my priority.

2015 Ram 3500 CCSB SRW 4x4 G56
    2020 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 68RFE

Never ending project. Always adding something...

5. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Looks like I'll be doing some clutch research and talking to some people about a regear for pricing. I've always heard that gears are pricey and a lot of guys skip out on it. In stock form the truck is pretty gutless to begin with i am however comparing it to my 2015 deleted 68RFE truck. So apples to oranges.

Thanks for the advice guys

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Manson0187;138165]Looks like I'll be doing some clutch research and talking to some people about a regear for pricing. I've always heard that gears are pricey and a lot of guys skip out on it. In stock form the truck is pretty gutless to begin with i am however comparing it to my 2015 deleted 68RFE truck. So apples to oranges.

So im curious now. every 6 speed cummins i have driven 1st gear is useless its so low. And i could start off in 3rd no problem. So for yall that say gears are a to do with 37s. Is it mainly for 5th and 6th gear? Just askin for general knowlege i didnt think a G56 truck would need gears.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

8. Thanks Manson0187 thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Dwelsh;138275]
    Looks like I'll be doing some clutch research and talking to some people about a regear for pricing. I've always heard that gears are pricey and a lot of guys skip out on it. In stock form the truck is pretty gutless to begin with i am however comparing it to my 2015 deleted 68RFE truck. So apples to oranges.

So im curious now. every 6 speed cummins i have driven 1st gear is useless its so low. And i could start off in 3rd no problem. So for yall that say gears are a to do with 37s. Is it mainly for 5th and 6th gear? Just askin for general knowlege i didnt think a G56 truck would need gears.
    First gear is for when you're towing heavy. 37's are tall and will affect performance all around for the most part. Towing will multiply the affect. But I've never noticed mine being sluggish with a manual either but then I have sick tires as I tow a good bit.

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I have stock tires...........

11. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=.44mag;138887]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post

First gear is for when you're towing heavy. 37's are tall and will affect performance all around for the most part. Towing will multiply the affect. But I've never noticed mine being sluggish with a manual either but then I have sick tires as I tow a good bit.
    I don't tow heavy at all I bought a diesel for the longevity. I actually hate having a 3/4 ton sometimes because everyone who needs anything towed calls me even though there half ton is perfectly capable of towing of whatever they need moved. I have yet to pull the trigger on a lift I'm pretty set on a 6 inch bds and 37s but I'm about $1500 short right now if I get a clutch as well. I'd hate to lift the truck then junk the stock clutch and have to park it for a few weeks or months to get a clutch put in.

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Manson0187;139029][QUOTE=.44mag;138887]

I don't tow heavy at all I bought a diesel for the longevity. I actually hate having a 3/4 ton sometimes because everyone who needs anything towed calls me even though there half ton is perfectly capable of towing of whatever they need moved. I have yet to pull the trigger on a lift I'm pretty set on a 6 inch bds and 37s but I'm about $1500 short right now if I get a clutch as well. I'd hate to lift the truck then junk the stock clutch and have to park it for a few weeks or months to

I think 37s look sick. I would use this mindset if it was me. If your not deleted yet and since you dont tow alot. Ide go for what you want. Keep on setting aside money for a clutch in case it does go. I would think it would be fine at stock power not towing alot for a good bit. Then when you decide to delete and all just do a clutch then. Just do it in stages ya know? Or if in your research you decide its going to be too much aint no one going to sneez at a truck with 4.5 inch lift and 35s. With the right wheel setup 35s can look bigger or smaller than what they really are. Just my opinion????

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I'm almost to 150,000 miles and still on the stock clutch. It's all in your right foot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast