Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  11

Thread: What is the Minimum Emissions Equipment Required?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

What is the Minimum Emissions Equipment Required?

I have a 2015 Cummins. I bought it new and deleted it at around 12,000 miles. Unfortunately, I may be selling it soon. I would prefer to sell privately to someone who wants a deleted truck anyway, but just in case, I took it to the dealer to see what the trade value was. The used car manager wouldn’t even give me a number because it doesn’t have a catalytic converter. He said I would have to have that fixed before I could sell or trade it. Is that all I need to be legal? I assumed that in order to be legal, I would have to reinstall the EGR, EGR cooler, the Catalytic Converter, and the DPF system, and muffler. If I can’t sell it privately and have to trade or sell to a dealer what would I actually have to do?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: What is the Minimum Emissions Equipment Required?

Quote Originally Posted by wkb1984 View Post
    I have a 2015 Cummins. I bought it new and deleted it at around 12,000 miles. Unfortunately, I may be selling it soon. I would prefer to sell privately to someone who wants a deleted truck anyway, but just in case, I took it to the dealer to see what the trade value was. The used car manager wouldn’t even give me a number because it doesn’t have a catalytic converter. He said I would have to have that fixed before I could sell or trade it. Is that all I need to be legal? I assumed that in order to be legal, I would have to reinstall the EGR, EGR cooler, the Catalytic Converter, and the DPF system, and muffler. If I can’t sell it privately and have to trade or sell to a dealer what would I actually have to do?

You would have to install all that equipment back on so your truck will run. If you only install part of it and tune it back to stock you will throw codes and go into limp mode.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Likes walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Last I heard was ... what ever came with the vehicle the year it was sold.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

6. Thanks wkb1984 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    You would have to install all that equipment back on so your truck will run. If you only install part of it and tune it back to stock you will throw codes and go into limp mode.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....
    I know it would throw a bunch of codes if I went back to stock. I wasn’t planning on going back to stock. However, that brings up another issue. My tuner and tuning requires the deletes I believe, so I guess it is probably all or nothing.

8. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wkb1984 View Post
    I know it would throw a bunch of codes if I went back to stock. I wasn’t planning on going back to stock. However, that brings up another issue. My tuner and tuning requires the deletes I believe, so I guess it is probably all or nothing.

Exactly friend!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

10. Likes walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

If you are needing DPF and SCR let me know- I pulled mine off my 2013 with 68k In working order and we can try and work out shipping/costs if you need a hand.

I had the same issue when I traded my 06 that was tuned. I got lucky and installed a factory cat at a buddies house about 5 miles from the dealership and traded it tuned with Cat in place. They just drove it around the parking lot for test drive.

They stated they had random checks where ausitors would look under vehicles on the lot to ensure emission equip was on the vehicle. No emission equip then they were fined on the spot per vehicle.

I am not sure why they wouldn’t give a hypothetical number as if factory emissions were installed...might want to try another dealer

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Likes watersupply189, david3gen liked this post