Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  76
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Intake Horn/Manifold

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Intake Horn/Manifold

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Shibby engineering as well as Glacier Diesel Power is one of our top ones. The banks is a pretty good one which i have ran for a few years.

My top sellers are Shibby and GDP. Both are fantastic guys to work with as well!
    Clayton is correct GDP and Shibby Airhorns way to go

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

2. Likes DDP liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12
    Permanent Vacation KeepEmRollin14's Avatar

User Info Menu

Intake Horn/Manifold

Im by no means saying there is not a gain at all but looking at the different brands, Banks has the best design, best flow ratings and the research to back it. Are they expensive, yes but when you compare price to gain it actually isnt bad. I’m not impartial to any one brand or another but if I was going to build something I’d look at the parts and the design not just the name and price. Unfortunately you pay for what you get in most cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes watersupply189, david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Intake Horn/Manifold

When It comes to this intake horn, Banks definitely has the better design. You can tell just by looking at it. It doesn’t take an Engineer to see that. As for his other products and claims, I can’t says but from what I’m seeing, there are a few unhappy people.

2017 Laramie Schlonghorn 2500, 4" coil spring, tubular radius arm Superlift, Sota REPR 20x10 -19 offset wheels, 35x13.50 Toyo Open Country R/T tires.. RaceME MM3 tuning by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro TBE no muffler, HPP EGR delete, GDP Mega-Flo Billet Throttle Valve Delete Airaid dry filter w/smooth inlet tube
    1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440ci R3 Siamese bore small block (700hp) Faceplated TKO 600 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4.56 gears
    1979 Lil Red Express (Currently doing a 12 valve Cummins swap)

6. Likes watersupply189, david3gen liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Intake Horn/Manifold

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Clayton is correct GDP and Shibby Airhorns way to go
    Thank you my man!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Intake Horn/Manifold

Since we are debating about the best air horn, I’d like to hear why most are pushing GDP and Shibby? Honestly, what are the points of gain here, I personally dont see very many over Banks and why we are pushing these other ones so much over a Banks product. If you look at some of these they don’t even have a center front bolt still, the back wall is not any better, and some of these are almost the same price with not as much increase in flow rating.

10. Likes watersupply189, 74Beeper, david3gen liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Intake Horn/Manifold

Quote Originally Posted by KeepEmRollin14 View Post
    Since we are debating about the best air horn, I’d like to hear why most are pushing GDP and Shibby? Honestly, what are the points of gain here, I personally dont see very many over Banks and why we are pushing these other ones so much over a Banks product. If you look at some of these they don’t even have a center front bolt still, the back wall is not any better, and some of these are almost the same price with not as much increase in flow rating.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...616e21d6a5.png

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...fb08f18a18.png

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1dd1b81b62.png

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1e128be853.png

Believe what you want to believe but Banks hyped up his numbers and ratings they are all hype and total BS products

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Intake Horn/Manifold

Im by no means saying there is not a gain at all but looking at the different brands, Banks has the best design, best flow ratings and the research to back it. Are they expensive, yes but when you compare price to gain it actually isnt bad. I’m not impartial to any one brand or another but if I was going to build something I’d look at the parts and the design not just the name and price. Unfortunately you pay for what you get in most cases.

Apparently you didn't read what I said. I know for a fact his research is bull and his tactics cover up his deficiencies. Not to mention his stuff is all Me Too. Trust the old man. I've been involved with this stuff for a long time. It's all propaganda and you fell for it. People would buy horse pucks if someone does a video on how good they are in you gas tank.

Can you feel the love? LOL

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

13. Likes david3gen, TX_2500_Cummins liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Intake Horn/Manifold

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...616e21d6a5.png

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...fb08f18a18.png

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1dd1b81b62.png

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1e128be853.png

To answer your question, I will not buy from a liar. I can't see any reason why you would either. If you want to buy the banks, it's your truck. You opened the can of snakes and the majority of those in the know have shared.

I cannot trust the guy. And I personally have been burned by them twice.

Nobody mentioned BD. There's some real engineering

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

15. Likes david3gen liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Intake Horn/Manifold

I appreciate all the info, I by no means am trying to say their stuff is junk. I just know what I saw and the info put out in videos obviously by him. I tried to search for the results from other companies but was unable to find anything, do you have a link or an idea where to find such info?

17. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Intake Horn/Manifold

I appreciate all the info, I by no means am trying to say their stuff is junk. I just know what I saw and the info put out in videos obviously by him. I tried to search for the results from other companies but was unable to find anything, do you have a link or an idea where to find such info?

There isn’t any because Banks (whether bullshit or not) is the only one out there who tests their products and gives out actual numbers.
    I would imagine it’s because it isn’t hard to design an elbow which flows better than factory. The original piece is horrible and even just a few mods to it will give substantial gains. I’ve heard of a few guys porting out the original elbow and making 800+ HP with it.

2017 Laramie Schlonghorn 2500, 4" coil spring, tubular radius arm Superlift, Sota REPR 20x10 -19 offset wheels, 35x13.50 Toyo Open Country R/T tires.. RaceME MM3 tuning by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro TBE no muffler, HPP EGR delete, GDP Mega-Flo Billet Throttle Valve Delete Airaid dry filter w/smooth inlet tube
    1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440ci R3 Siamese bore small block (700hp) Faceplated TKO 600 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4.56 gears
    1979 Lil Red Express (Currently doing a 12 valve Cummins swap)

18. Thanks KeepEmRollin14 thanked for this post
    Likes KeepEmRollin14, david3gen liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast