Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  27
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Striped ring gear help

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Striped ring gear help

Quote Originally Posted by flanagan View Post
    I was really wanting to do the work myself and possibly regeae the entire truck to 4 10 s or 4 56

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    just curious if anybody has any information on if insurance would cover that type of damage or just body damage

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

I was really wanting to do the work myself and possibly regeae the entire truck to 4 10 s or 4 56

What gear set do the guys use Yukon gear nightro G2 ?

3. Likes Snow Dodge liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

What gear set do the guys use Yukon gear nightro G2 ?

Yukon, Superior.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

5. Thanks flanagan thanked for this post
    Likes Snow Dodge liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Yukon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dodge View Post
    Yukon

What do you guys think about AAM gears I found front and rear complete With master install kit for 1200 I live in Colorado i do tow a horse trailer car trailer occasionaly hope to get a 5th wheel again soon what do you think I have 37" tires but probably will go back to 35s so. 410 430 488

9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

What do you guys think about AAM gears I found front and rear complete With master install kit for 1200 I live in Colorado i do tow a horse trailer car trailer occasionaly hope to get a 5th wheel again soon what do you think I have 37" tires but probably will go back to 35s so. 410 430 488

I think Yukons are about the same price

10. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

I haven’t really heard anything about AAM gears , I’m sure they’re decent. I really like the Yukon gears, I also have 37x13.50s. I went with 410s, rpms right where they need to be , egts perfect

11. Thanks flanagan thanked for this post
    Likes flanagan, walla2k5 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Try www.justdifferentials.com

I'm concerned about other damage. You may have twisted a shaft of bent the housing. That's an awful lot of damage in one spot without other potential damage. You don't know if the carrier is true either. That's why I suggest getting a used axel and be done with it.

I've used AAM and Yukon. To me, they're about the same. I've done 7 or 8 gear swaps over the years. I regeared my 08 to 342's and did this truck with 342's. Dis a few cars and older Dodge PU's too. But as I said, unless you've done them before, you need the tools. I made one of the tools, I bought an adjuster and made a bearing to set pinion depth, which is critical. You also have to be able to properly set the preload on the pinion. It's easy for the experienced. I don't know what you know obviously. You don't get it right, it could be noisey or wear the gears wrong, cutting through the hardness layer. Diffs are not for the novice.

I have to change my carrier soon. Even I'm not looking forward to it. And thats easy

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

13. Likes Snow Dodge liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Well like poalarco. Said
    I got an estimate from a dealer here in Denver he said $5000 for ring and pinion and drive shaft
    He said hes never seen that happen before and that prices is if there's no other damage like a twisted axle or bent housing He also told me the gear ratios different in the front and the back anybody know

15. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

I found a ring and pinion and Carrier set from a 2017 at looks identicle will that fit into a 2012
    It's a 9.25 AAM

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast