1. Top Of Page | #11
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: Brand oil used for oil change

Quote Originally Posted by 4kids2dogs&RV View Post
    Amsoil Signature Series Max-Duty Synthetic 15W-40
    7500 miles
    Okay great thanks buddy!!

Another question is anyone giving there trucks injector cleaner when they fill up just curious that's all?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

3. Thanks CumminsBoyTx89 thanked for this post
    Likes CumminsBoyTx89 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Dodge puts Sync oil in the motor before sending out. I called and wanted to know. They use Valvoline Blue and recommends the. (more than likely gets a deal and save money doing this). But full sync is recommended.

As for oil changes durations, it is usually recommended no more than 15k with filter and if your pulling heavy most the time, 1/2 that, with filter.
    Check your owners manual to verify.

Buy a name brand oil. You didn't mentioned where you live, but 15w-40 is usually good, but in cooler climate, 5w-40 is better. Newer trucks will be coming out with even a lighter weight oil in the near future. And company is good.

But there is a caveat to this. when doing an oil change, with the oil hot, get a sample and send it in to a good lab. This will tell if this oil is right for you. Some will end up having higher levels of one chemical than desired. I did this for each oil and for 3 oil changes. The decided if I should ry another. I ended up using Rotella T6. Other friends of mine did this and their trucks tested better with Mobil, Amsoil, Royal Blue and so on. One will test best for you truck, your use and driving style. Then stay with that. I use BlackStone, but there are other quality labs out there. Get the regular test and the TBA. Cost is usually around $35 or $38 per sample.

Use a quality filter. As to the pre-fill the filter ? I've never did it and have yet to have any issues with any vehicle I've owned. The truck I had before retiring had 400k on it and still have the original oil pump, and never had a problem with maintaining pressure. Plus had a dry filter installed during the oil change and original start up.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

5. Thanks E.mccarthy7018, CumminsBoyTx89 thanked for this post
    Likes E.mccarthy7018, CumminsBoyTx89 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Dodge puts Sync oil in the motor before sending out. I called and wanted to know. They use Valvoline Blue and recommends the. (more than likely gets a deal and save money doing this). But full sync is recommended.

As for oil changes durations, it is usually recommended no more than 15k with filter and if your pulling heavy most the time, 1/2 that, with filter.
    Check your owners manual to verify.

Buy a name brand oil. You didn't mentioned where you live, but 15w-40 is usually good, but in cooler climate, 5w-40 is better. Newer trucks will be coming out with even a lighter weight oil in the near future. And company is good.

But there is a caveat to this. when doing an oil change, with the oil hot, get a sample and send it in to a good lab. This will tell if this oil is right for you. Some will end up having higher levels of one chemical than desired. I did this for each oil and for 3 oil changes. The decided if I should ry another. I ended up using Rotella T6. Other friends of mine did this and their trucks tested better with Mobil, Amsoil, Royal Blue and so on. One will test best for you truck, your use and driving style. Then stay with that. I use BlackStone, but there are other quality labs out there. Get the regular test and the TBA. Cost is usually around $35 or $38 per sample.

Use a quality filter. As to the pre-fill the filter ? I've never did it and have yet to have any issues with any vehicle I've owned. The truck I had before retiring had 400k on it and still have the original oil pump, and never had a problem with maintaining pressure. Plus had a dry filter installed during the oil change and original start up.
    Thanks for all the great info will definitely be looking into it and doing more research on it and definitely doing those labs.

7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CumminsBoyTx89 View Post
    Thanks for all the great info will definitely be looking into it and doing more research on it and definitely doing those labs.

The only oil that I use is Valvoline Premium Blue it is made especially for Cummins as far as oil Filters I use Fleetguard LF16035 Stratopore oil filter I have been running Cummins motors for 20 plus years never have had any problems with either one an I am probably around 700,000 miles on Cummins Motors

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

8. Thanks CumminsBoyTx89 thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Only used Delo in my ‘01 and ‘06 with no problems at all. I think as long as there is consistency you should be good. Decided to change to Valvoline Premium Blue Full Synthetic in my ‘17. Hope it goes well!

Sorry to open an old thread. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'06 3500 SRW LWB
    G56 Valair DD
    90HP Dynomite Injs.
    Cat. Removed
    Wallet Empty
    AutoMeter Pyro.

10. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fourteen View Post
    Only used Delo in my ‘01 and ‘06 with no problems at all. I think as long as there is consistency you should be good. Decided to change to Valvoline Premium Blue Full Synthetic in my ‘17. Hope it goes well!

Sorry to open an old thread. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’ve had 4 Cummins and probably all together 850,000 miles and never have had one problem with this oil all I’ve ever used bud Valvoline Premium Blue

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12